4 days left
- Experience Level
The Development Coordinator is responsible for working with a team of individuals to organize fundraising events, help coordinate volunteers, work with donors and fundraisers, manage partnerships and other duties designed to raise funds and foster relationships.
Reports directly to Executive Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and manage fundraising activities from start to finish.
Work with teams and individual fundraisers to meet and exceed fundraising goals
- Identifies and solicits new corporate and family teams, assists new and returning teams with goal setting and tertiary events; takes initiative to negotiate funding.
- Sell and manage Mile Markers and Rest Stop sponsors for the 2- Day
- Assists logistics team with all aspects of special events were needed
- Manage, coordinate and plan committee meetings for Gala
- Market and sell tables and partnerships for Gala
- Manage and coordinate auction and auction committee to ensure an increase in items, sales, and overall logistical smoothness of auction at events
- Works with Executive Director to determine new partnerships and develops marketing and development strategy to secure new corporate partnerships
- Works with Marketing Manager to assess demographics and psychographics; research marketing trends; keep staff abreast of changes in marketing and social trends
- Works with Marketing Manager to determine use of analytical data in order to increase attendance at events and retain current clients and partners with an ultimate result of an increase in income
- Work with Executive Director to create budgets based upon anticipated fundraising results.
- Other fundraising and logistical duties as determined by staff
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills for the purpose of earning money for his or her employer.
- Shows the ability to negotiate with donors and persuade individuals to provide items or funds for a particular cause.
- Possesses interpersonal skills that allow him or her to interact with potential donors and the general public.
- Demonstrates creativity in fundraising opportunities and executing events successfully.
- Must work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work well in small office environment and perform duties outside direct job description when neccessary
- Must be a team player
Education and Background
Bachelor of Arts in Non Profit Management, Communications, Journalism or Hospitality required. 5-10 years experience in fundraising and working for non-profit will be considered in lieu of degree
This is an entry level position, some experience in fundraising and customer service is needed
Position is in Atlanta, must work from the office 5 days a week and have reliable transportation
Please email cover letter and resume for consideration. It's The Journey, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.