- Experience Level
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and Development Committee of the Board of Directors, the Development Officer plans, implements, executes, and evaluates fund development campaigns to obtain corporate, individual, and philanthropic support to assist the Diabetes Association of Atlanta (DAA) achieve long-range goals. The Development Director assists with community outreach programs and plans and executes special events related to public relations and philanthropic efforts.
- Develops annual and long-range funding plans based on DAA's mission and goals.
- Develops new corporate and community relationships to support program goals.
- Directs efforts to raise charitable contributions through grants, annual giving and sponsorships.
- Working with the Board Chair, Development Committee and Executive Director, develops support from corporations, foundations, and individuals. Develops a comprehensive program of cultivation leading to the solicitation of potential donors. Conducts research to provide background information on prospective donors to identify the best approach and individuals to contact them. Personally solicits prospects as deemed appropriate.
- Organizes and trains volunteers in the solicitation of charitable gifts to DAA. Provides guidance and support, required materials and equipment for staff and volunteers.
- Develops, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the development office such as the receipt and acknowledgment of donations, ensuring that donor restrictions and specifications are honored, communicating with donors and the public, and maintaining donor records. Supervises the timely notice and collection of pledges as they fall due.
- Prepares and conducts presentations for foundations, corporations, civic groups and individuals.
- Develops and oversees the program to provide recognition to donors including events, tours, plaques, personal attention and publications.
- Develops and tracks the development function budget.
- Initiates and develops community outreach programs.
B.S., B.A., B.B.A. preferred
Between four and ten years of fund raising, development, public relations and volunteer management experience. Knowledge of Atlanta funding sources is desirable. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta