Chief Executive Officer
6 days left
- Experience Level
Evergreen Executive Source
Girl Scouts of Utah
Chief Executive Officer
Headquarters located in Salt Lake City
Position to be filled March 1, 2019
Apply immediately for consideration
Girl Scouts of Utah announces a search partnership with Evergreen Executive Source, LLC to identify candidates and advise on selection of a new CEO. Evergreen is a retained search firm with depth of experience in nonprofit executive sourcing and selection and has conducted searches nationwide for more than a decade on the behalf of Girl Scout Councils across all regions of the country. All information provided to Evergreen will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Girl Scouts of Utah is the preeminent organization serving the interests of girls ages 5-18 in Utah, with current membership of about 7,500 girls and 3,300 volunteers. With 43 regular full-time staff, the Council has an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, the Council operates one additional service center and two camp properties to provide year-round engagement opportunities for girls, families, adult members and community partners. All Girl Scouting programs and activities – from camping to computing, arts to engineering, service projects to field trips – are designed to challenge and prepare girls for a future of leadership and achievement.
The CEO is the Council’s senior executive and link between the Board and staff. Working collaboratively with the Board and committees, the CEO ensures successful achievement of strategic goals and instilling a shared organizational vision of the Council’s mission. The CEO also ensures that information exchange between the staff and board is transparent on all organization matters, including business and finance issues affecting the Council. The CEO and executive staff also work closely with the Board on drafting and updating policies and practices for administration of the Council, staff, and finances.
Of critical importance are the CEO’s outward facing responsibilities including building relations with corporate, philanthropic and governmental organizations to expand the visibility of the Council and to maximize opportunities for fundraising. The CEO will have direct strategic relationship responsibilities in tandem with the Development staff and members of the Board.
Further, the CEO is the Council’s primary face to the myriad stakeholder groups and organizations in Utah, including girl members and families, partner organizations, donors, and most proudly, its volunteers and community leaders.
The CEO has stewardship of the Council’s administration, staffing and operations and provides oversight for policies and practices that affect staff, volunteers and members. The CEO directs the day-to-day operations through the Council’s senior leadership team.
A final key element for CEO responsibility is a powerful communications strategy that effectively engages girls, families and volunteers in the Council’s large service area and supports the continuing growth of girls and volunteers in the Girl Scout movement.
CEO CRITICAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Girl Scouts of Utah is searching for a mission-driven, compassionate, trustworthy, and visionary leader who has the proven experience in engaging board, staff and stakeholders toward a powerful vision.
- Requires the highest qualities of integrity, leadership, effective communication, sound judgment, and adaptability.
- Inspires others to high performance through personal leadership and delegation, and fosters a culture that encourages high morale among staff and volunteers through discussion, collaboration and teamwork.
- Brings effective business management knowledge and experience to the critical functions of finance, fundraising, human resources, programming and membership development.
- Strong understanding of volunteer-based organizations and ability to engage, inspire, recruit and retain a large volunteer network.
- A strong commitment to and passion for the Mission of serving girls from all family, community and economic backgrounds is essential.
The CEO will possess:
- Solid and broad-based business skills with a minimum of five years’ comparable executive-level experience including profit and loss accountability and 10 or more years in managerial roles of progressive responsibility. CEO experience preferred.
- Outstanding presentation skills and the ability to interact with the broadest range of audiences including high level public, private, political and community leaders.
- Nonprofit board and volunteer relations experience as well as demonstrated fundraising experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in organizations serving the interests of youth highly desired. Experience with Girl Scouting and/or the Girl Scout movement is preferred.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, with advanced degree preferred.
- Skilled, proven executive experience from a corporate, nonprofit or other background, who is dedicated to providing world-class leadership development opportunities for girls.
The Council offers a competitive compensation plan commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the individual selected. The benefit package includes generous time off and comprehensive insurance plans available for employee and family.
HOW TO APPLY
Girl Scouts of Utah is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible and before December 31, 2018. After that date, we will continue to accept applications until this important position is filled. For immediate consideration, please email a cover letter and resume along with salary history to:
Bob Perodeau, Principal
Evergreen Executive Source, LLC
Voice (800) 286 4009 www.egreensource.com
Providing executive recruiting services to Girl Scouts of the USA since 2001
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City