College Access Program Manager
6 days left
- Experience Level
Position: College Access Program Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time
Purpose of this Position: The College Access Program Manager will work directly with the Executive Director to coordinate The Scholarship Academy (TSA) programs and partnerships throughout the state of Georgia.
About The Scholarship Academy
The Scholarship Academy (TSA) is the nation's only curriculum-based scholarship preparatory program that trains low-income, first generation students how to use the principles of leadership, entrepreneurship and civic engagement to reduce student loan debt and increase eligibility for entry level positions.
This spring, The Scholarship Academy will be expanding our work to include scholarship and career preparatory support for college students. Currently, we serve nearly 500 high school students in the Atlanta metropolitan area via a series of workshops, boot camps and staff trainings. The Outreach Coordinator position will be responsible for leading our organization in efforts to impact more than 5000 low-income students throughout the state of Georgia.
To learn more, please visit www.scholarshipacademy.org.
The Scholarship Academy Program Manager
Type of Position: 40 hours per week (flexible schedule)
Date Position is Available: July 16, 2018
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
I. Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of full-time work experience in business/nonprofit operations, career services and/or project management
- Applicant must have significant college access and youth development experience with an emphasis on financial aid planning supports
- Applicant should be able to experience with partnership development, corporate sponsorships, student and volunteer recruitment, special event planning
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a growing nonprofit organization, ability to adapt, creativity, and commitment to excellence highly valued.
II. Job Description
We are seeking a dynamic, high-energy leader to join our successful, growing organization as part of our program leadership team. The College Access Program Manager will help coordinate Scholarship Academy programs within our five high schools, and support our outreach events in multiple counties.
The Coordinator will be largely responsible for developing the infrastructure for our in-school program model, which includes corporate relationship management, campus-based recruitment, training and tracking, and partnership development to provide ongoing supports to our student populations. This position is designed for a mature individual who is capable of multi-tasking and possesses the drive and creativity that would help spur our program towards success!
III. Specific Responsibilities
A. Partnership Development: Develop and Maintain High School Partnerships Through GEAR UP and Learn4Life Networks: Work to build and maintain successful relationships with assigned Georgia counties by coordinating service delivery to sites on an ongoing basis and maintaining communication with key contacts in each school district. Meet with department administrators, corporate/nonprofit coordinators, and key contacts throughout the year to ensure program quality and successful communication. The Coordinator will be responsible for identifying new partnership leads for our Financial Aid Course, Virtual Scholarship Center tool, and Staff Trainings. The key responsibilities associated with this job function include:
- Identifying potential corporate, nonprofit, and college partners and designing tailored contract options for partnership agreements that will generate additional revenue to support Scholarship Academy programming
- Scheduling quarterly Partnership Breakfast sessions to solicit additional partnership opportunities
- Scheduling training sessions to update and keep communication clear and flowing between ambassadors, partners and key stakeholders
- Supporting school-district onboarding processes for key partnerships in each county
B. Thought Leadership and Strategic Management: Support strategic planning process for The Scholarship Academy to incorporate the establishment of “healthy financial aid cultures” in our target communities and facilitate a shift to multi-city, in-school program model for Scholarship Academy programming. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of program management and administration, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Developing effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Supporting strategic plan implementation and scaling efforts in targeted Georgia counties to ensure successful onboarding of new partnerships, corporate volunteers and on-site staff members
C. Plan/Implement Scholarship Academy Courses: The Program Manager will help ensure that support staff, volunteers and Scholarship Academy Ambassadors are informed about upcoming scholarship opportunities, and program-wide events, and will help to coordinate those events as assigned. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing additional scholarship preparatory curriculum modules for 9th- 12th grade cohorts
- Recruiting and training Scholarship Academy staff and volunteers
- Communicating with partner organizations, vendors and sponsors
- Coordinating Scholarship Academy courses at each partner site and collecting data and report outcomes to share with partner organizations and key stakeholders
- Establishing a productive and respectful rapport with partners and community members
- Providing outcomes (i.e. deliverables) when requested.
D. Evaluate, Track and Report on Progress: Assist Executive Director in the tracking, evaluation and reporting of student progress in all major program areas,. Program Manager will assume some of the responsibilities pertinent to the maintenance of member files and web reporting of curriculum usage, etc.
IV. How To Apply
To apply, submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Education $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta