Assistant, Company Network
6 days left
- Experience Level
Assistant, Company Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description and Responsibilities
The Assistant, Company Network supports the Senior Directors of the Company Network and their team. We seek an energetic, highly motivated, self-starter to play a critical administrative and programmatic support role, both internally and externally. The Assistant will be part of a fourteen-person team working with companies to integrate sustainability into core business strategies, leveraging the Ceres Roadmap for Sustainability. This full-time position reports to one of the Senior Directors and will be located in Boston, MA.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the two Senior Directors of the Ceres Company Network by:
- acting as a primary point of contact,
- prioritizing phone calls, correspondence, and meeting requests,
- managing calendars/schedules, and
- ensuring follow-through of specific activities and projects to completion;
- Support the Senior Directors in setting agendas for weekly team meetings, taking and disseminating meeting notes, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion;
- Assist in development and management of team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with Senior Directors and project leads;
- Support coordination, logistics, and management of bi-annual team retreats, working closely with Senior Directors and project leads;
- Assist team in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects;
- Provide event and development activity support for Senior Directors, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed;
- Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events;
- Book travel, schedule meetings, and draft trip itineraries for Senior Directors;
- Process Senior Directors’ expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties;
- Support engagements with Ceres Company Network members and special projects, as necessary; and
- Travel to meetings and events, as required.
- Associate degree with 3 years of relevant work experience, or Bachelor degree with minimum of one year of relevant work experience. In absence of either associate or bachelor degree, at least 5 years relevant work experience required.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs, a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Research Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston