Director of Annual Giving
- Experience Level
Christian City – Director of Annual Giving
Christian City offers life changing hope to children and seniors alike, all on an idyllic 500 acre campus just 30 minutes south of downtown Atlanta. Children who have been victims of abuse, crime and poverty are provided the support they need in a safe and loving home environment or by placement in foster or adoptive homes. Runaway and homeless youth are rescued before they can be solicited by sex traffickers. Seniors can enjoy a vibrant community with a full continuum of residential and support services.
We seek a Director of Annual Giving (DAG) to join our fundraising team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the DAG is responsible for directing and implementing strategies to raise funds through annual campaigns, appeals and special events. Responsibilities include strategy and implementation of campaigns, stewardship planning, special events, and community outreach.
Salary is very competitive and based on experience and comes with a full package of benefits.
- Five to seven years of significant fundraising experience in a non-profit organization, with demonstrated success raising annual funds through campaigns and special events.
- A four year college degree in communication, nonprofit management, or a related field.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills with a clear embrace of the mission of Christian City.
- Demonstrated engagement in community or volunteer work.
- Highly organized approach to work with strong follow-through on tasks and goals.
- Communication of a positive attitude, showing concern for people and community and demonstrating presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- Donor centered approach with commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills, in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and donor database software, Raiser’s Edge preferred. Working knowledge of social media platforms and how they are best used for donor engagement.
- A self starter- able to work independently, while also willing to seek counsel when needed.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality, in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Ability and interest in managing, developing, motivating, and mentoring staff.
- Direct the annual giving programs, including appeals, fundraising drives, special events, and social media campaigns.
- Recruit and engage volunteers in annual campaign, special event, and general development activities.
- Along with the CDO and CEO, make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Christian City with the community – on the south side of Atlanta as well as in greater metro Atlanta.
- Maintain current knowledge of fundraising database and tracking systems, using the data appropriately and using the moves management tools to support relationships with assigned donors.
- Assist with creation of publications, collateral and social media to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all time.
- Maintain current knowledge of fundraising trends and research.
- Participate in meetings, forums, trainings as appropriate for strengthened professional education and relationships.
- Be knowledgeable of the Atlanta philanthropic community, including on the south side of Atlanta.
- Supervise the work of the Development Associate as well as interns and volunteers.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta