Community Development Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Development Coordinator provides administrative and development support at the local Chapter. They work closely with the Executive Director and other Chapter staff to coordinate activities that ensure the success of fundraising and program initiatives in support of PF’s mission, including, but not limited to; volunteer and donor management, individual/corporate gifts, special events, Moving Day® and local education/grant programs. The Development Coordinator is responsible for donor gift management, stewardship activities related to fundraising and relationship management, office administration, marketing/communications, program support and may also manage events as assigned.
- Manage all gift transactions and update donor records in Raiser’s Edge database, as well as hard copy files if required:
- Create or update Constituent Record
- Enter donation gifts
- Deposit checks
- Process donor acknowledgement letters within required timeframe
- Run gift reports and donor queries in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain and update constituent records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage local constituent mailings for donations and support.
- Manage the thank you call program and report on activity.
- Support of Moving Day® and other Chapter fundraising events which may include: preparing materials, setting up website registration and donation forms, assisting callers with registration and payment, marketing and communications, working with volunteer committees, event set up and break down, manage guest arrival and check-in, volunteer management.
- Prepare and send thank you notes to donors, sponsors and volunteers.
- Assist with development stewardship events and cultivation of individual and major donors.
- Assist with coordination of development stewardship events.
- Work on other fundraising activities as outlined during annual planning meeting.
- Works closely with development and program staff to develop and coordinate timely and accurate website and Facebook postings, messages, monthly e-blasts and periodic newsletters, including writing and graphics.
- Responsible for timely and consistent social media monitoring and posting that is in alignment with organization’s goals, objectives and approved branding as well as analysis and reporting of responses/outcomes.
- Maintain Chapter calendar of events.
- Market and promote calendar of events to distribution channels.
- Answer and return phone calls received by Chapter. Provide resources and support, referrals to the Helpline, donation assistance, and any necessary follow-up.
- Process and submit Chapter invoices to national office for payment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage inquires received at info@ Chapter email.
- Assist with processing of phone and email reservations for Chapter fundraising events, professional and education programs.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the Chapter.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and informational resources.
- Provide support for in office or offsite meetings which may include: preparing documents, creating name badges, set up and break down of meeting space, arranging for meals, recording and distribution of minutes, other support as needed.
- Secure volunteers for Chapter programs and fundraising activities.
- Schedule appointments and meetings as needed.
- Manage development calendar with all related activities which may include: events, mailings, correspondence/important dates and donor stewardship.
- Other administrative duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (preferred) or 2-4 years of previous administrative experience (preference given to candidates with prior not-for-profit fundraising/development experience including volunteer development)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form in a clear, concise manner
- Commitment to NPF's mission
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, experience working with mail merges preferred. Raiser’s Edge and Convio experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize projects appropriately
- Experience in volunteering or volunteer management
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to use logic and critical thinking to resolve or prevent problems as well as the flexibility to consider alternate solutions
- Initiative with a can-do attitude and the ability to function and adapt in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment where accuracy is essential
- Ability to work flexible hours. Some evenings and weekends required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Development Coordinator - MN” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.