- Experience Level
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s Southern Pacific Regional office is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the development teams in our Los Angeles office. The primary responsibilities are to support all back-end operations in the region, including maintaining member records, processing donations and invoices, managing databases, and implementing new office systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, composes and types correspondence, reads and routes incoming mail, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintains Donor record management including: managing and updating membership information into a national database, generating reports and processing transactions.
- Daily office operations management including: answering phones, supply ordering and supply inventory maintenance.
- Interacts with donors and sends correspondence
- Manages donor database and lists
- Maintains financial records
- Processing mail
- Assist team members in preparation of materials for all meetings and events
- Attend and staff various local events and the national Policy Conference
- Designs invitations, flyers, and postcards for events
- Processing and coding expenses
- Orders and stocks office supplies as necessary and processes purchase of such items
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship
- Experience with planning and executing events
- Ability to learn new computer systems and databases
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and time planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to interact with both professional staff and lay leadership
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information
- Highly motivated; positive attitude
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Additionally; Access, SalesForce, and InDesign experience preferred
- Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachments' function to attach position specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
- AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer