Development Manager - Grants and Capital Campaigns
- Experience Level
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the YMCA of Metro Atlanta, with a focus on grant writing and relationship management of private and corporate foundations and capital campaigns.
As a key member of the Y’s development team, the Development Manager is passionate about the mission of the Y and its programs and can effectively communicate the pivotal role the Y plays in meeting community needs. The ideal candidate is self-directed while managing multiple projects and deadlines; a strong storyteller with an editorial eye for detail; and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to develop compelling proposals, reports, acknowledgement letters, and other development communications that effectively capture the Y voice
- Demonstrated ability to create collateral that effectively communicates proposal requests for use in site visits and funder meetings
- Ability to coordinate collection of relevant information from multiple departments to successfully complete grant proposals and reports
- Attention to detail, with strong proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively use fundraising and grants management software
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Five years of experience in fundraising or grant writing
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience in health and human services or youth development grant writing
- Experience submitting United Way grants
- Experience identifying and preparing local and federal government grants
- Manage the grant proposal and reporting calendar
- With support of grants contractor, submit foundation, corporate and United Way grants, ensuring all deadlines are met and content meets all proposal requirements
- Develop budgets in collaboration with program and accounting staff
- Draft and submit thank you letters, interim reports, and final reports
- Support the cultivation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors
- Provide grant writing and editing support to Y branches
- Create compelling meeting materials, including talking points and PowerPoint decks
- Create and maintain language bank and common attachments needed for proposals
- Maintain grant records in database
- Support major comprehensive capital campaign and branch-based capital campaigns, including drafting customized thank you letters, managing pledge reminders, and maintaining accurate records
- Administrative support related to grants management and capital campaigns
- Other projects as identified by Director of Development
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to be considered for this position.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion communities where everyone belongs.
Metro Atlanta YMCA