Senior Finance & Operations Manager
- Experience Level
International Labor Rights Forum
The International Labor Rights Forum is a human rights organization that advocates for dignity and justice for workers in the global economy. We hold global corporations accountable for labor rights violations in their supply chains; we advance policies and laws that protect workers; and we strengthen workers’ ability to advocate for their rights. More information about ILRF is available at www.LaborRights.org.
ILRF seeks a Senior Manager who is enthusiastic to bring their passion for financial and operations management to support ILRF’s mission.
The Senior Finance and Operations Manager will report to the executive director (ED) and coordinate closely with the other members of the management team. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participatory manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, grant management, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Senior Finance and Operations Manager will play a critical role in strategic decision making and operations to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a high-impact labor rights organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner: clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Supervise administrative assistant and bookkeeping firm to: coordinate staff work logging and tracking donations, grant management, and related financial reporting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process: liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess and implement any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED: administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management and reporting system: ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, continually improving the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual and its implementation.
- Effectively communicate the critical financial matters to the executive director and the board of directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Further develop ILRF’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors, tenants, and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales up.
- Coordinate management input and engagement with staff union as it corresponds to human resources management.
- Coordinate grant reporting, providing staff with financial updates on management of restricted grants and coordinating grant reporting deadlines.
- Minimum of a BA.
- At least five to seven years of overall professional experience; ideally five-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Proven ability to take final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Technologically savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to continual learning and helping maximize individual and organizational goals across the organization, including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the labor rights and corporate accountability mission of ILRF
To apply: E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16.
ILRF is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and persons with diverse gender and sexual identities.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.