Legal Administrative Assistant
- Experience Level
The principal responsibilities of the legal administrative assistant are to provide support to the attorneys in the office and perform and coordinate administrative functions. This support will fall into two main categories. The legal assistant will have a full range of support responsibilities and tasks; including executing of court filings, editing correspondence and researching various matters In addition, the assistant will support the attorneys generally, assist in report and presentation preparation and help maintain an efficient and well organized office.
SELC places an emphasis on employee growth and satisfaction, and as a member of this team, the legal assistant will have numerous opportunities to make valuable contributions to our work.
Come join SELC and help make a difference in our region.
About the Position:
- Provides legal and administrative support to SELC attorneys, including court filings research, proofreading and editing written materials, and other legal tasks.
- Provides general clerical support for the office, including answering phones, greeting visitors, interacting with vendors, word processing, booking travel, preparing expense reports and filing.
- Responds to public inquiries about SELC.
- At least two years of legal assistant or paralegal experience, with at least two years of litigation assistance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with a team of attorneys and other administrative staff.
- Must work efficiently under deadlines.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Well organized.
- Positive attitude.
SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.