- Experience Level
The Directing Change Program and Film Contest is a non profit in California dedicated to youth suicide prevention and mental health promotion. The program is school and community-based and centered around a film contest. The program encourages young people to submit short films about social justice topics and the films are used to raise awareness about the topics across the state. In addition, schools are provided with support around staff training, policy development and responding to a suicide.
Although the program has been operated for seven years, we just completed our first full year of operating as a non profit organization. We are looking for an office manager to help us with organizational development including human resources, donor management, mailings, invoicing, contract management. Responsibilities will include:
- Contract management
- Budget development and management
- Human resources and payroll for one employee
- Administrative support
- Support of board meetings and filing of all relevant documents
- Updating our donor page and following up with donors
- Create board, funder and program reports
- Support program with administrative support including ordering materials, managing vendors, making travel arrangements, managing release forms, filing, mailings
Directing Change does not have a office location, but team members work from home offices and are located in different parts of California. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working from home and is based in San Diego. Excellent written communication skills, organization and problem-solving skills are desired. The ideal candidate has proven experience with non profit management, organizational development, and is very familiar with excel, word and PowerPoint. Ideally you will help us get and stay organized and apply proven experience in the non profit sector to help us grow.
The salary will depend on the experience of the selected applicant. The position will begin as an hourly contract position with the intent to transition to a part time position and eventually may turn into a full time position.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in San Diego
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in San Diego
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in San Diego