Breakthrough Atlanta The Lovett School Partnerships and Recruitment Coordinator
- Experience Level
Breakthrough Atlanta at The Lovett School
Partnerships & Recruitment Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director, Breakthrough Atlanta
Position Summary: The Lovett School, an independent K-12 day school in Atlanta, GA, is home to Breakthrough Atlanta, a college preparatory program for first generation and low-income metro area students, and a teaching fellowship program for current college students. Breakthrough Atlanta is seeking a Partnerships & Recruitment Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for forming and maintaining partnerships with local middle schools, colleges, and universities for the purposes of recruiting students, parents, teaching fellows/facilitators, and summer faculty for Breakthrough Atlanta’s high school readiness programs.
This is a full-time, 30-hour work week, 12-month, exempt position beginning in December 2018.
- Develop and host presentations and meetings with local middle school, college, and university leaders to recruit partner organizations
- Leverage partnerships to recruit students, school-year program facilitators, teaching fellows, and summer faculty
- Ensure the completion of partnership plan activities and evaluate partnership plan efficacy
- Meet recruitment goals
- Coordinate with Breakthrough colleagues to ensure seamless transition of candidates from recruitment to screening phase
- Keep partners abreast of Breakthrough Atlanta activities and accomplishments, and solicit their input to strengthen our efforts
- Complete related administrative duties
- The drive, organization, and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment, contributing to the school community beyond the Breakthrough Atlanta program
- Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of experience in marketing & communications and/or sales & account management, preferably in an education or non-profit setting
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- The ability to work frequent evenings and weekends
- Dedication to increasing equity and inclusion, as well as cultural competency regarding Atlanta’s African American and Hispanic/Latino communities
- English-Spanish bilingual candidates are highly desired
- Exceptional written and oral communication and charisma to immediately engage prospective and current customers
- Excellent customer service skills to facilitate relationship building with partners, students, parents, colleagues, and supervisors
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative learning community, employing a growth mindset and participating in ongoing professional development
- Ethical behavior, professionalism, and regular and reliable attendance
Breakthrough Atlanta’s Mission & Vision: Breakthrough Atlanta pursues a dual mission to: increase academic opportunity for highly motivated, underserved students and get them into college ready to succeed; and to inspire and develop the next generation of teachers and educational leaders. Our vision is to create an empowering educational experience that results in equitable access to higher education for our students and prepares our teaching fellows for education sector roles, enabling all of our students, teaching fellows, and instructional coaches to achieve their full potential as learners, teachers, leaders, and agents of change in their communities.
The Lovett School Mission: The Lovett School is a community that seeks to develop young men and women of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in college and in life.
The Lovett School Vision for Learning: Lovett offers experiences that inspire our students to love learning. We encourage them to think critically, communicate effectively, engage creatively, and collaborate purposefully. We provide the opportunities and resources that help our students develop independence and self-direction and extend their learning beyond the walls of the classroom as they grow intellectually, emotionally, physically, aesthetically, morally, and spiritually.
The Lovett School Diversity Mission Statement: The Lovett School celebrates the uniqueness of each individual within an intentionally inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment. We recognize that our community is enhanced as we seek to appreciate and respect the differences among our students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni. We are committed to supporting this environment through classroom instruction, professional development, and other curricular and co-curricular programming, and in accordance with our nondiscriminatory policy.
NOTE: The Lovett School employment process includes a post-offer drug (hair) test and background check. See the employment application for more information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands from wrist to finger, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.