Veteran Employment Program Manager
- Position Type
- Part Time
The Furniture Bank runs a Veteran Employment Program for homeless veterans that want a job in either the warehouse or truck driving industry. Veterans who participate in the program receive a small weekly stipend and transportation assistance.
The Furniture Bank is adding a new, part-time position to improve the program's structure, outcomes, and evaluation processes.
Tasks will include:
- Conducting outreach with shelters and other veteran services agencies to recruit program participants
- Conducting weekly screenings of potential participants
- Meeting quota of 10 new participants each month
- Holding weekly meetings with each program participant
- Developing relationships with potential employers
- Developing follow up and evaluation process
- Conducting pre and post surveys
- Planning dinners and gatherings for participants
- Conducting job searches and applications with participants
Position will be 20-25 hours a week and will require occasional evenings.