Oakland- Financial Analyst (National)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Financial Analyst- National (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
* COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
* PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
* JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
* AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
* EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The Financial Analyst plays a highly visible and key role on the College Track Finance team and has shared ownership of the budgeting, forecasting and analysis processes. Responsibilities include budgeting and forecasting, financial reporting and ad-hoc analyses. The position reports to the Director of Finance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
While the specific content of the work in each area can vary as the department continues to evaluate and shift/share responsibilities amongst the team in order to establish redundancies where possible, some of the key aspects are as follows:
* Annual Budget: Support the process including but not limited to calendaring and providing training (both technical and conceptual), documenting rationale and changes, providing analytics/metrics to facilitate target-setting and related decision-making, owning the consolidation and version control processes, producing online and offline reports for budget owners and producing final board presentation deck.
* Forecasting: Work cross-functionally with budget owners either as a team or one-on-one to provide general guidance and transactional information where needed to update ongoing forecasts. Includes areas of head-count/payroll and non-payroll variable expenses plus reasonableness checks on fixed expenses. Provide variance analysis and narrative.
* Monthly Close: Work closely with Accounting to take part in the close process including loading actuals into forecasts (Adaptive Insights).
* Dashboards/Reporting: Build reports and dashboards online (Adaptive) or offline as needed. Maintain/update reports menu and listings with consistent naming convention and layout to facilitate navigating by all users.
* Systems/Adaptive Insights: Share maintenance responsibilities including formula adjustments, updating account mapping, updating personnel and fixed assets sheets for proper projection of payroll and depreciation. Address administrative issues such as user set-up and access. Maintain/build online reports as needed.
Ad-hoc: Analyses and projects as assigned. Identify and call out issues affecting the organizations operations, cash position and capital expenditures.
Skills & Experience Required
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant experience
* High degree of competency in math and critical thinking with exceptional organizational skills
* Ability to focus on details without losing sight of the broader task
* Intellectually curious and driven to deliver on tasks with a compulsion for accuracy, completeness and timeliness
* Advanced level Excel skills and fluency with enterprise systems and technology.
* Hands-on experience with Adaptive Insights while not required is highly desirable
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.