Oakland- Staff Accountant (National)
Staff Accountant- National (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
* COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
* PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
* JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
* AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
* EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The Staff Accountant will support the Controller as a member of the Accounting Team, ensuring that all deadlines for are met with the highest degree of accuracy.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Process payroll bi-weekly.
* Maintain vacation accrual.
* Update workers compensation rates within ADP once a year.
* Year-end W2’s for employees.
* Assist with annual workers compensation audit.
* Payroll expense allocation.
* Prepares payroll entries for accounting system.
* Reconcile payroll related balance sheet accounts.
* 401K reconciliation.
* Assist with 401K annual audit.
* Any special State or Federal filings.
* Oversees expense reimbursement and reporting.
* Oversees company’s credit card process and reporting.
* Prepares journal entries for month end close.
* Supports with annual audit and tax preparation.
* Assists with related special projects as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Skills & Experience Required
* Three or more year’s related experience required.
* Payroll experience required.
* Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
* Comfort with financial systems. Experience with Concur and Intacct a plus.
* Experience with non-profit organization with budget exceeding $20M.
* Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards.
* Acute attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.