Job Readiness Instructor
- Position Type
- Part Time
We are looking for a: JOB READINESS INSTRUCTOR (hourly, part-time)
What will you do? You will prepare participants with various levels of skilled trades experience for roles as Auto Mechanics, Body and Fender Repair Techs and Auto Paint Techs in public transportation and small to mid-sized business environments. Your emphasis will be providing job readiness skills to these clients, so they can compete for jobs in the Trades/Utilities fields.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent stand-up training and delivery skills including the ability to actively engage participants using a variety of interactive teaching modalities and techniques; Excellent facilitation/classroom management skills
- Expertise in job readiness training, and knowledge of the requirements for skilled trades occupations
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills with clients, staff and employers
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/generational environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; good project management skills
- Experience teaching job readiness tools to students with no prior skilled trades/public sector work experience; able to convey concepts in laypersons’ terms
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, performance-based measurements, and other qualitative and quantitative assessment tools used in adult education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience developing curriculum teaching job readiness
- Experience working with diverse populations, including those facing additional challenges/learning barriers
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use Job Readiness Instructor in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please. Rates: $45/hour for instruction and curriculum development– $25/hour for administrative/meeting time - room for negotiation DOE
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We encourage and welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
Are there benefits? This is an hourly position and does not qualify for benefits except those required by law (sick leave, workers comp and accrued benefits in a medical flex account).
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.