Case Manager I – The Allen Hotel (Full-time)
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION: Case Manager I – The Allen Hotel (Full-time)
SALARY: $20.33 per hour ($42,288 annualized) plus excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Program Director I, The Allen Hotel
THE ORGANIZATION: Conard House, Inc. is a non-profit organization in San Francisco empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with Conard House Supportive Housing Program, which provides various services to homeless adults with mental health and substance use issues, including: income advocacy, money management, case management, and housing referral assistance. This position is included in the Collective Bargaining Agreement with SEIU 1021.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree or two years experience providing direct services to adults with mental health conditions. Demonstrated case management skills and knowledge of entitlement, redetermination, appeals processes and treatment and social service referral sources. Must have good written communication skills. Experience with the C.A.A.P. program a plus. Working knowledge of Harm Reduction a plus. Effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills (including de-escalation and conflict resolution) needed. Ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit SEIU Local 1021. Must successfully complete a background check after conditional job offer.
- Provide a resource to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Conduct intakes in collaboration with Property Management, and formulate case presentations.
- Admit and orient new clients to the program.
- Assess client's need for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement service plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case plan with other services being provided to the client.
- Provide on-site money management.
- Maintain updated case records and accurate statistics.
- Facilitate community building within the Hotel and assist clients in utilizing Hotel community resources.
- Facilitate a weekly support and/or socialization group.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly community meetings and holiday celebrations; prepare and distribute foods to our tenant population, in community gatherings and in weekly food pantry
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues.
- Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Respond in crisis situations to provide de-escalation and conflict resolution assistance utilizing appropriate methods according to procedures.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as phones, filing, doing rosters, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings and seminars.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director.
- Interface with Department of Human Services.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send resume and letter of intent to Rebecca Wong (Program Director) by mail, email Allenjobs@conard.org or fax: 415-558-9990. We are a committed equal opportunity employer. People with diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction records.