Sr. Community Living Manager (Ashly Forest)
- Experience Level
JOB SUMMARY: Engages in resource development for the individuals served and ensures their life goals are implemented, personal outcomes are achieved, and the quality of care is high in every respect. The Coordinator assists in problem solving, communicating regularly with our individuals, direct support professionals (DSP’s), families and the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures each location operates in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations including HIPPA which apply to Community Living Arrangements and UCP Community Living Services.
· Ensures staff and homes operate in compliance with UCP policies and procedures, specifically in the areas of behavior management techniques, handling emergency situations and medical situations.
· Supports and protects the fundamental human, civil, constitutional and statutory rights of clients and families as defined by agency.
· Completion of a person-centered calendar each month which supports the implementation of activities as designed by the individual’s support team. Ensures activities support individual’s ISP goals.
· Coordinates transportation and supervision for residents as dictated by individual program.
· Manages and reviews all notes pertaining to daily activities, problems and needs of residents are recorded properly in daily shift notes and notes are person centered providing detail. The reporting should be no less than a 2% missing gap at any given time.
· Provides training and assistance in changing appropriate apparel to ensure comfort and wellbeing for residents, audits clothing and other personal effects for rips or tears. Replaces items as needed.
· Ensures that all staff are properly trained on van safety. Ensures that proper maintenance is performed on the van when necessary.
· Assisting in recruiting, training, scheduling, supervising, and conducting performance evaluations of assigned staff
· Train and supervise DSPs for success. Collaborate with HR on proper hiring and termination practices.
· Schedule and facilitate regular household meetings quarterly with staff and individuals, assisting in problem solving as needed and celebrating accomplishments. Ensure staff is focused and well trained on ISP goals and personal outcome measures
- Provide supervision to DSPs regularly. Conduct annual professional development and evaluations of DSPs.
- Manage and keep current on medical, dental and all other appointments of assigned individuals. Conduct follow-up in a timely manner and ensure all documentation is correct and the appropriate folders.
· Coordinate activities with external agencies; Support Coordinators, DFCS, Social Security, doctor’s offices, community businesses and others, representing the individual you serve
· Provides 1:1 training/support to identified staff with performance concerns and follow up as needed on progressive discipline.
· Completes status change and all other related HR forms related to processing of new employees and submits to Sr. Regional Director for second approval.
· Participates in on-call rotation
· Works closely with peer mentor program.
· Observes all other personnel policies and works closely with supervisor to ensure compliance.
· Attend meetings and training events to continuously upgrade skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts, particularly personal outcome measures.
· Build relationships with the families of the individuals in the homes; provide updates.
· Assist in community events to brand organization and job fairs as needed.
II. Financial Responsibilities
· Ensures homes remain in compliance with budgets (staffing, food, household supplies, etc). Participates in budget reviews on a quarterly/monthly basis.
· Approves employee time cards and manages overtime
· Review of CIS for all addendums, SMS and change in rates needs
· Responsible for addressing any overages in CTF within 30 days. This is referred to the spend down of money in order to keep benefits.
· Maintains accurate and complete records of all Individual’s personal spending monies in accordance with rules and regulations; completes monthly reconciliation and submits report to Sr. Regional Director of Community Living Services for approval and final submission.
· Maintains accurate and complete records of house spending (including credit card purchases and petty cash purchases) in accordance with rules and regulations; completes monthly reconciliation and submits reports to Sr. Regional Director for Community Living Services for approval and final submission
· Ensures van binder is in compliance and monthly mileage is tracked.
· Purchases needed offices supplies
· Orders SMS and SME and ensures funding is available via Prior Authorization.
III. Responsibilities Relating to Health and Safety
· Utilizing site visit tool, inspects home to ensure that home meets all safety requirements, checking for clutter and dangerous objects. This is done monthly.
· Corrects deficiencies and submits written report to Sr. Regional Director.
· Ensures evacuation drills, both fire and severe weather; records results of each drill are done per standards and licensure requirements
· Follow program plan for meeting all potential emergencies and disasters, such as medical, fire, severe weather and missing persons. Discusses with Consumer Support team specific role relating to each emergency.
· Notifies supervisor of all medical emergencies as outlined by policies and procedures, including submission of GERs.
· Checks to ensure that supplies are clearly labeled for SMS.
· Reports any problem with equipment used by residents to proper individual or department.
· Receives training on supervising the self-administration of medications and follows all policies and procedures.
· Ensures safe handling and storage of all prescribed and over-the-counter medications. Supervises self-administration of medications in accordance with established policies of Georgia Department of Human Resources and complete annual SMACCs of all employees.
IV. Housekeeping Responsibilities
· Ensures menus are nutritionally sound and appropriate for all individuals in the homes; ensures menus are posted weekly in accordance with regulations and previous three months menus are filed in the home
· Ensure adequate food supply is in home on a weekly basis, in accordance with approved menus.
· Ensures that household tasks are completed using the daily tasks list for each shift.
· Ensure spring cleaning is done yearly.
V. Administrative Responsibilities
· Ensures that all staff is in full compliance with training and personnel requirements by reviewing Relias. Sends update progress report weekly to Sr. Regional Director and provides follow up with appropriate coaching to staff who are not in compliance.
· Audits and provides updates to employee files for all required documentation including TB test results, Drivers Licenses, insurance updates, etc.
· Audits files for adherence to all UCP requirements including CPR/First Aid and CPI trainings
· Responds to all calls within 15 minutes unless not on call and responds to all email within 24 hours.
· Runs and audits daily report of all Therap documentation to include but is not limited to shift notes, ISP goal tracking and bowel tracking to ensure they are present and content are thorough, accurate and meets minimum quality expectations.
· Maintains objectivity in position to set appropriate limits while working with consumers.
· Other duties as assigned.
Paid Training Provided:
- CPR and First Aide
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree with a major in social services and three years of supervisory experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: DDP designation
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATION: GA Driver’s License and vehicle insurance; must have ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Supervises Direct Support Professionals and other paraprofessional staff as assigned
If you would like to view additional opportunities, feel free to go to our Website: www.ucpga.org and click on the 'Careers' tab.
United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia is an equal employment opportunity and drug free workplace employer.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Snellville
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Snellville
- Home Health Aid / Senior Care Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Snellville