- Experience Level
ASHRAE, an international nonprofit engineering society, has an immediate opening for a Development Coordinator to assist the Chief Development Officer and the Development staff in the planning and implementation of all development activities, including those related to the Development Committee, ASHRAE Foundation, RP Campaign, Life Members Club, College of Fellows and any special campaigns or other efforts. Previous nonprofit experience is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and respond to general inquiries from internal and external constituents.
- Maintain filing systems for both electronic and hard copy documentation.
- Keep constituent records up to date in NetForum (contact/donor management system).
- Assist in preparing/shipping documents and other materials for the Society’s semi-annual meetings.
- Manage and prepare financial reports (e.g., prepare reimbursements, manage and track American Express expenses, prepare monthly budget reports, etc.)
- Electronically update the ASHRAE Wall of Honor, as needed throughout the year.
- Assist with Development Committee assignments and serve on internal committees as needed or requested.
- Serve as a resource for keeping the Development Committee MOP and ROB up to date.
- Gather, compile, and analyze data and create reports to support the department’s activities.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, lists, meeting agendas, and other documents.
- Research information and draft documents related to donors, prospects, programs, funding opportunities, etc.
- Gather information for and create presentations.
- Assist in planning trips to visit volunteers, donors and prospects; prepare informational packets, set appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Ensure contact reports are added to constituent records in contact management database.
- Participate in planning events and projects and attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge necessary to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Execute special projects and other work, as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Minimum 4 years of administrative office experience.
- Minimum of Associate-level college degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as organizational and research skills.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately.
- Ability to take direction and receive work assignments from supervisor.
ASHRAE provides a flexible work schedule, competitive salaries, and fantastic company paid benefits including paid holidays, sick time, & vacation. We offer employee dental, vision, life, and disability insurance paid at 100% and employee medical is paid at 90%. We have an outstanding 401k plan with a very generous match, along with an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, free parking, and fun workplace staff activities. Our non-smoking office is located at I-85 and N. Druid Hills inside the perimeter.
We invite you to check out our website at www.ashrae.org to learn more about us. Let ASHRAE be the right place to share your skills and enhance your résumé. Please send your résumé along with your salary requirements to Attn: Development Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. ASHRAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.