Membership and Development Associate
- Position Type
- Part Time
The Membership and Development Associate is responsible for supporting the membership program and fundraising activities of Atlanta Audubon, reporting to the Director of Membership and Communications and working closely with the Director of Development.
- Manage the donor database, including membership and gift entries, report creation, and list building, taking initiative to ensure donor data is accurate and current. Ensure accurate and timely gift entry and processing, and prepare queries and reports as needed with support from other staff.
- Responsible for assuring membership and gift acknowledgements are sent in a timely manner; identifies and generates special letters as needed for individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Generate fundraising campaign materials including but not limited to appeal letters, program summaries, and other collateral. Maintain inventory of stationary and brochures.
- Assist with prospect research and support of annual giving and major gift campaigns.
- Organize member and donor events, including monthly member meetings.
- Maintain sales inventory. Fulfill retail orders received via online store and in person events. Assist with developing and procuring retail items.
- Provide customer service to members for enrollment, renewal, campaign donations, and events.
- Assist with internal grant reporting process.
- Represent Atlanta Audubon at events. Recruit volunteers to assist when necessary.
- Provide patron services at the Atlanta Audubon Society office, including greeting guests, answering the phone, and working with interns and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Membership and Communications.
The successful candidate will be someone who is passionate about the work of the organization and the conservation of birds and the environment. Qualifications include:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office programs. Must be comfortable learning how to manage accounts on NEON CRM.
- Experience in a nonprofit setting a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
Status, Pay & Benefits
The successful candidate will be hired as a part-time employee for 25 hours per week with a February 2019 start date. The employee will conduct work at the Atlanta Audubon office at 4055 Roswell Road, Atlanta 30342 as well as at a variety of organizational events. Some evenings and weekends required. $22,000-23,500 starting annual salary range plus 60 hours of paid time off, health insurance reimbursement, and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please email a statement of interest, resume, and contact information for three references in one PDF document to email@example.com by December 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
About Atlanta Audubon Society
Atlanta Audubon Society is a member-supported, non-profit organization dedicated to developing a conservation-minded and fully engaged Georgia where birds prosper, habitats flourish, and public understanding grows. Our mission is to build places where birds and people thrive. We create bird-friendly communities through conservation, education, and advocacy with activities that build community and foster the joy of birding. Learn more about our programs here: www.atlantaaudubon.org/mission-and-programs. Atlanta Audubon is a certified chapter of National Audubon Society and works in the 20-county Metro Atlanta area.