Director of Development
- Experience Level
Living Room Job Description
Position Title: Development Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full-Time 40 Hours Per Week, Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000 DOE
The Development Director sets the fundraising strategy to increase private funding annually in coordination with the board and Executive Director. The director will drive strategic initiatives to increase engagement of individual and corporate contacts through donor cultivation, stewardship, volunteering, events, and donor focused communications. The Development Director will prioritize major donor and board member development while supervising new contact engagement, event planning, and volunteer management initiatives. This position works closely with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, administrative team and supervises at least one full time staff person.
- Develop and implement a detailed annual development plan in collaboration with the ED, Board and External Committee
- Implement best practices in identification, engagement, cultivation, and stewardship of donors
- In partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, oversee major donor efforts including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential supporters
- Evaluate and establish an effective outreach events plan for identifying and engaging potential donors.
- Manage Keystone Circle Major Donor Society events, solicitations and communications
- Plan and implement special campaigns including, but not limited to donor recognition, annual Giving Tuesday events,
- Lead all organizational AIDS walk efforts including liaise with event leadership, supporting staff and volunteer fundraising efforts, and cultivating relationships with captains of the organization’s sub-teams to encourage fundraising and participation
- Prepare board members and the Executive Director for solicitation of major donors and corporate sponsorships
- Represent Living Room with external constituents including media, partner organizations, funders, and community leaders
- Oversee the management of donor data management, correspondence, and Salesforce CRM
- Deliver presentations on Living Room services as directed
- Serve as a member of the agency’s leadership team
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
5-7 years professional fundraising experience; major donor program experience preferred
Demonstrated success in fundraising
Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning skills combined with the ability to implement effective operating plans;
Understands the value of personal relationships in the business environment;
Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously;
Able to communicate complex ideas simply across a diverse set of audiences;
Equally successful working on collaborative or individualized projects.
Excellent communications skills, including written and verbal
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Donor management software and Social media. Salesforce experience is a plus.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB November 29, 2018.