Resource & Referral Counselor
- Experience Level
RESOURCE & REFERRAL COUNSELOR
BANANAS Inc. is searching for an experienced, energetic, and multi-talented natural born leader to join our team as a full-time Resource & Referral Counselor. This position will be a part of the resource and referral counseling team that provides support to parents searching for child care. The Resource & Referral Counselor will maintain the agency’s referral database, processing updates and running reports, and must have database experience. The successful candidate will need to have excellent customer service and time management skills, be bilingual, flexible, and work both independently and as member of the team.
About BANANAS Inc.
BANANAS is a nonprofit child care resource and referral agency. We consider ourselves experts in the field of early care and education, and our wide variety of services support child care providers and families in raising early learners. We offer workshops, playgroups, coaching, and support groups for parents and caregivers, and help connect families with all types of child care options from babysitter and nannies to preschools and family child care centers. We support our most vulnerable families with $13m in child care subsidies annually. BANANAS is a great place to work with colleagues who care about their clients and each other.
Reporting to the Family Services Manager, the Resource & Referral Counselor will be an integral member of the family services team. The Resource & Referral Counselor will have responsibilities in counseling parents in their search for care and fulfilling referral shifts. This position will also maintain the referral database, conduct outreach to new providers, and enter and process data.
Resource & Referral
- Provide child care referrals to parents and fulfill referral shifts
- Provide support to in-home and family child care providers
- Host R&R workshops and outreach fairs
Alternative Payment Client Services
- Call clients from the eligibility list for enrollment in the California Alternative Payment Program (CAPP), and other contracts as necessary
- Prepare families for their intake appointment, ensuring they have all the documents necessary ready to enroll into the appropriate program
- Enrolling families into the eligibility list database
- Pulling reports from, and updating, the eligibility list database
- Provide bilingual support to clients
- Translate materials as needed
- Client service experience
- Bilingual (open to any language)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database entry, G-Suite
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance, some travel is required for this position
- Experience in the area of child care resource & referral
- Experience with child care subsidy programs (CAPP and CalWORKs)
- Experience using CalWIN
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.