CalFresh Specialist-(Bi-lingual Spanish- Marin)
- Degree Level
The SF - Marin Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 48 million pounds of food – enough for more than 100,000 meals each day. We partner with more than 450 organizations – including 260 neighborhood pantries – to distribute food to low-income residents of San Francisco and Marin counties. Each week, more than 144,000 people are served by our programs.
The Food Bank is a mission-oriented, challenging and friendly place to work. We’re a team of more than 150 dedicated, inspiring people working together to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. Our success relies on the people who work for our organization. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated professionals. For more information about our organization, please visit
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Join a collaborative team of motivated individuals designing, supporting and expanding food programs throughout San Francisco and Marin counties. This position will work as part of the CalFresh Outreach Team to increase participation in Marin County’s CalFresh Program, through community outreach, education and client direct services. This position is full time non-exempt and reports to a Program Manager. Fluency in Spanish is required.
If you enjoy talking to people over the phone and want to do something that improves people’s health and well-being, join us!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps) program application and enrollment procedures (training will be provided).
- Educate clients on eligibility for the CalFresh Program and provide pre-screening and application assistance, as necessary.
- Make phone calls to people who have expressed interest in enrolling in CalFresh or need help with recertification reporting.
- Conduct pre-screening and application assistance over the phone, including assessing applicant eligibility, and enrolling as appropriate or scheduling application assistance appointments.
- Streamline and improve enrollment procedures, processes and policies.
- Respond to participant questions, complaints, and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide non-eligible participants with referrals to access free food distribution programs and other resources.
Client Data Management and Tracking
- Track calls made, messages left, pre-screens, applications submitted, outcomes, and other data.
- Enter data accurately into various databases.
- Effectively manage paper and electronic participant records.
- Maintain accurate database of client information.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Assist in identifying clients who could be helpful in media related events.
- Maintain accurate files and contribute to preparation of monthly reports.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English required.
- Superior customer service skills, especially over the phone.
- Understanding and patience when working with participants dealing with a lot of challenges.
- Ability to establish rapport and trust quickly and effectively.
- College graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest in a non-profit or caregiving career.
- Interest in hunger or food issues.
- Proven record of good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Marin County social services a plus.
- Physical Demands: Ability to stand and talk to people waiting for food distributions outdoors; Ability to perform clerical and computer work temporarily in a variety of settings and physical arrangements; Ability to carry up to 20 pounds of materials.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: We provide excellent medical, dental, generous 403B retirement plan, FSA, life insurance, LTD, competitive salary, vacation, sick and holiday leave, career development, celebrations and activities.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com; Use “CalFresh Specialist-Marin, your name” in the subject line
The SF-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of Color, LGBTQI, and people with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Rafael
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Rafael
- Education / Teaching Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Rafael
- Public Policy / Administration Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Rafael
- Social Work / Counseling Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Rafael