Associate Director of HIV Services
- Experience Level
San Francisco Community Health Center (formerly known as API Wellness) is a federally qualified health center that provides culturally competent, high quality medical care, health services, education, and outreach. We transform lives by advancing health, wellness and equality. We strengthen the well-being of and lead underserved communities--of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and immigration statuses-- toward justice and health. Founded in 1987 as an all-volunteer, community-based response to the AIDS crisis in communities of color, we are an anchor-organization for San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood, and we also lead regional, statewide, and national programming.
We believe that everyone deserves to be healthy and needs access to the highest quality health care.
The Associate Director of Community Programs and HIV Services – HIV Services Division, oversees design, implementation and outcome of client care services, with a particular focus on services for multiply- diagnosed individuals with complex needs who living with HIV/AIDS. The Associate Director supervises a large team of service providers to deliver quality services, including case management and primary medical care services, outpatient mental health counseling, substance abuse, nutrition and community drop-in spaces. The Associate Director is responsible for strategic operational implementation of programs and carries out administrative requirement necessary to achieve the division’s mission and vision. The Associate Director works to ensure program integration within the agency.
- Lead implementation and management of client prevention services, includes federal, state and city funded wrap around programs for special populations living with HIV, within the organization toward the mission and vision of the Community Programs and HIV Services department and the agency as a whole.
- Recruit, train, supervise, coach and evaluate program staff.
- Manage a portfolio of various contracts and grants, including contract modification, reporting, and adherence.
- Develop, strategize, coordinate and manage the timely delivery of contractual requirements such Units of Service, program reports justifications on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Prepare and manage budgets to ensure program sustainability.
- Build and foster teams, partnerships and collaborations, internally and externally, to achieve program impacts with quality and sustainability.
- Support and spearhead development of new program opportunities, including proposal development, budget and required contractual documents.
- Leverage existing and new opportunities for program expansion in partnership with The Wellness Clinic, Development and Community Development departments.
- Liaise with government and private funders, working closely with internal finance and management teams to meet contract obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health or social services related field. Combination of experience and education will be considered.
- At least 3 years managing programs, budgets and contracts addressing the needs of disadvantaged populations with complex health disparities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HIV/AIDS, substance use, mental health issues, LGBTQ and homeless communities across communities of color.
- Ability to prepare, implement and manage program budgets to ensure program sustainability.
- Strong, written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and demonstration of follow through and reliability.
- Ability to master a wide range of information, taking initiative in a team-building environment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity with Bay Area CBOs and the SFDPH.
- Experience with PC software: MS Office, FileMaker Pro, Access, etc.