Director of Development
- Experience Level
Support Families of Children with Disabilities (supportforfamilies.org) is looking for a frontline fundraiser, who is as excited about working directly with donors and funders as they are about managing short and long term development targets. If you are entreprenurial, looking for a leadership growth opportunity and have a personal connection to our mission of supporting families of children with disabilities like autism, developmental disabilities, and other disorders, this is a chance to bring your planning and communication skills to manage our ongoing fundraising efforts including events, major donor gifts, and corporate sponsorship.
Support Families of Children with Disabilities provides information and education services to families and the professionals who work with them. Services include: a phone line, drop-in center, information and referral, support groups, parent mentor program, trainings, workshops, community education, special family events, newsletter and website.
We are seeking a proven front-line fundraiser that loves going for the ask and can take advantage of our passionate and engaged community to expand access to resources for our clients, their families and caregivers. Experience working in diverse communities is a plus.
The Development Director will be responsible for strategy and execution for all fundraising activities in coordination with the Executive Director and Board of Directors including gala and events, major donor solicitation, in-kind donations. The Director of Development will manage the Volunteer and Special Events Manager and oversee the work of grant writer. The organization uses Salesforce for fundraising management and Greater Giving for event/auctions.
- Personal interest and connection to the mission of supporting families and caregivers of children with disabilities
- 2 years experience carrying, meeting and exceeding annual revenue target or donor portfolio exceeding $300,000+ per year in a fundraising, sales, or asset gathering role
- An established sales approach to developing and working a pipeline with goals and metrics
- Insightful, persuasive and concise email, phone, written communications
- Experience using Salesforce or other sales/fundraising platform required, cloud based calendar and event management, social media and advertising platforms ideal, including running custom reports
Please submit a persuasive cover letter to get a meeting with the Executive Director. A thoughtful creative approach will be welcomed.