Family Case Manager
- Experience Level
Position: Family Case Manager
General Description: The Family Case Manager works directly with HomeStretch families to develop a Family Development Plan (FDP), the tool to identify and monitor progress toward achieving program goals. Specifically HomeStretch seeks to guide families toward lasting stability in the four key areas: permanent housing, financial, family and employment.The family case manager works with mentor teams and volunteers to ensure that families receive quality services and guidance.
This is an exempt, full-time and salaried position.
KNOWLEDGE: Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred and at least 2 years experience working with low‑income families in a social work or closely related social service field OR equivalent experience; must have excellent organizational and communication skills, must demonstrate a high level of commitment to and concern for homeless and low income families. Must be willing to work flexible and/or evening hours as needed. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database systems (HomeStretch utilizes HMIS/Client Track and Salesforce systems).
Responsibility 1: HomeStretch Clients
- Meets with transitional clients on a regular basis to develop/review/monitor individualized progress on the Family Development Plans.
- Advocates on client’s behalf for available resources and makes appropriate referrals.
- Consistent application of the HomeStretch Program Policy and Procedures, the HomeStretch contract, and the Family Development Plan in all work with clients.
- Maintains client files, case notes, calculates rent, records and measurements of program outcomes on each client sufficient to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Works with Facilities & Property Managers regarding leases, rent, move-in/move-out inventories and other related matters.
- Follows up with former HomeStretch families at designated intervals.
- Assists Program Director with receipt and distribution of in-kind gifts and other supportive services for clients.
- Adheres to confidentiality standards outlines in Program Policy and as part of HMIS systems.
Responsibility 2: Volunteer Mentor Teams
- Directs mentors on an individual client basis. This includes supervision of monthly financial mentor sessions.
- Meets with volunteer mentors regularly to review client progress and issues or concerns.
- Collects reports from and maintains communication with volunteer team.
Responsibility 3: Life Skills
- Assists Program Director and Program Committee in developing a curriculum for life skills and implementing classes as needed.
- Attends assigned LifeSkills education classes and assists Program Director with logistics.
Responsibility 4: Inspections
- Conducts monthly apartment inspections with program staff.
- Follows up with staff and clients to ensure corrective actions are taken where needed.
Responsibility 5: Programs and Community Partners
- Assists in developing and implementing various programs and events for the clients.
- Networks with community partners to develop relationships that benefit our clients and to ensure appropriate referrals.
- Represents HomeStretch at community and stakeholder meetings as requested for the purpose of sharing the agency missions and volunteer recruitment.
Responsibility 6: Program Interns
- Supervises and directs program interns from local universities and schools in compliance with university or school contacts as requested.