Database Administrator (DBA)
- Experience Level
Membership Database Administrator – Full Time Position
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be to oversee the performance and security of the database and maintain data integrity. Initially, you will be involved in the planning, migration and implementation of a new Church Management System (ChMS). Once the new ChMS is implemented, the DBA will provide ongoing administration and provide expert training and support to the end users. The DBA will ensure the new database continues to meet the needs of PRUMC’s vision, goals and ministries as they grow and change. This job requires a committed team player who can analyze needs, implement solutions and operationalize new processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Systems Implementation Lead. Sunset Shelby v5 and transition to a new ChMS.
- Oversee a complex membership data cleanup effort.
- Primary liaison with the ChMS vendor. Escalate technical issues and monitor the quality of service.
- Ensure data integrity. Create, implement and monitor new processes and procedures.
- Maintain system health and security in conjunction with IT support.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
- Create, run and distribute standard reports and customized reports based on staff requirements and specifications.
- Create accounts for users and assign security levels.
- Coordinate system upgrades as needed.
- Evaluate procedures and implement changes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for a data dictionary.
- Train staff as part of our standard on-boarding process and provide ongoing training to extend understanding of the ChMS capabilities.
- Data entry and administering transfers will be required, however, the support staff is primarily responsible for the entry and upkeep of data for their own ministries.
- Remain current with relevant data standards.
- Attend training and conferences as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Familiar with reporting tools
- Experience developing and documenting processes and procedures
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Experience with Shelby v5 preferred
- Seasoned and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience with data entry and data maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgement
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Organized with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
At PRUMC, we are a team that challenges each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care, and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
- Personally motivated to collaborate with others, improve processes and solve problems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Proactive, Enthusiastic and Diligent
Position Structure and Level: Reports to the Chief Operating officer or his designee.