Fundraising Events Manager
- Experience Level
Side by Side is a Joint Commission accredited mental and behavioral health community based organization serving youth and family members in four counties – Marin, Alameda, Sonoma, and Napa with and a staff of over 120 clinicians and professionals. We believe in investing in our team with training, continuing education and clinical supervision and provide a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We reach approximately 2,000 clients and their family members each year, with an annual budget of $13M in FY2018.
The Events Manager strengthens the mission of Side by Side by showcasing the best of the organization to generate revenue, resources and relationships. Special events are a crucial element of the Side by Side's annual fundraising goals. Keys to success in this position are the ability to identify the types of events appropriate to our image and purpose, enhance the quality of events in order to reach and engage key audiences, solicit sponsorships and donations, and ensure all event details run like clockwork.
Flexible workplace! Candidates have the option of working out of our Hayward office or Santa Rosa office up to 4 days per week, with one day a week minimum required at the San Anselmo headquarters. Working from home several days a week is also possible! There will be frequent travel to the East Bay, Marin and North Bay in planning and execution for our events throughout the region.
- Plan and execute fundraising events on an annual cycle which currently include a gala dinner, golf tournament, a collaborative gala that benefits three Marin agencies and volunteer recognition events
- Provide strategic direction for new special events in Alameda and Sonoma counties to nurture existing relationships and develop new supporters
- Help solicit event sponsorships through cultivation of corporate/business relationships and manage auction donations and other in-kind support for fundraising events
- Produce and manage event budgets including tracking revenue, expenses and forecasts
- Manage the creation and production of all print and digital event collateral materials in coordination with the Director of Communication through concept, design, print, mail and follow-up
- Plan and execute event marketing, outreach and social media
- Manage volunteer event planning committees in coordination with the Director of Development
- Manage event vendor relationships and volunteer event staff to ensure smooth execution at the event
- Help identify and provide support for periodic community engagements such as Rotary luncheons for agency directors and senior leadership
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic event records and event/donor software to capture all event and donor-related information for future prospecting/solicitations
- Experience planning 3-5 major successful fundraisers for nonprofits in the last 5 years
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to event budgets and increase event revenue YOY
- Must be adept and comfortable with the solicitation of individuals, corporate contacts and community members
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with an eagerness to help achieve specific fundraising goals
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and donor/event databases Telosa’s Exceed and/or Raiser’s Edge; Greater Giving a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and well-versed at negotiating needs/agendas of volunteers, donors and staff
- Valid California driver's license, reliable personal automobile for use on the job, insurable by SHS' insurance policy based on DMV record and personal vehicle insurance
- Pass background check/fingerprinting as required by law. SHS programs at office site involve children
To apply please provide a resume and cover letter and prepare examples that can illustrate your work style and results that ideally include event plan, schedule, results and/or RFP RFIs, marketing materials etc.
About Side by Side, formerly Sunny Hills Services/BAYC
Join us at Side by Side, to walk with young people impacted by adversity on their individual journeys to heal from trauma, restore resilience, and embrace their own potential. From therapeutic housing to substance abuse treatment, we provide comprehensive services that honor the young person’s unique needs and strengths to prevent the escalation of dangerous conditions and behaviors and set them on a positive path.
Side by Side, formerly Sunny Hills Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Vietnam era or other veteran status.