- Experience Level
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Job Information: Full-Time
Job Status: Exempt
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Office Manager is a member of a team that stewards over $1 billion of charitable capital. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Office Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day office operations and services at the Foundation and ensuring a smoothly functioning work environment that supports and enhances the productivity of the Foundation’s employees in accordance with the organization’s short and long term goals and strategies. The Foundation’s clients include individual and corporate donors, nonprofits, private foundations, professional advisors and family offices.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Manages and serves as point-person for all day-to-day office operations responsibilities, procedures and services including furniture, fixtures and equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, etc.), security, supplies, maintenance, installations and repairs
- Oversees the management of the Foundation’s physical office space (layout, furniture, equipment), liaison for building services, and lease management
- Act as business partner to manage the Foundations’ planning of short and long-term office infrastructure projects
- Responsible for office safety functions including emergency preparedness, and evacuation procedures and plans
- Assist with asset property management to ensure building compliance, taxes and insurance is maintained by all lessees
- Manages Foundation Operations and Human Resources vendor relationships including supporting contract negotiation and administration, policy development, compliance, RFP processes, invoice management and billing
- Manage the office operations of new hire onboarding and termination offboarding
- Responsible for organizational records and retention management policies and compliance
- Support human resource and capacity department projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong project management, and logistical planning and implementation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Budget and invoice management skills
- Customer service experience a plus
- High level critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to connect operational duties to overall organizational goals and strategies
- Creativity and innovation to improve existing processes and define new processes
- 3-5 years successful experience in office operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and/or be “on call” evenings and weekends as necessary. This position is not eligible for a work at home schedule.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds is required.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.