Case Manager I – CS North (Community Living Fund)
- Degree Level
POSITION: Case Manager I – CS North (Community Living Fund)
SALARY: $20.33 per hour or 42,288.03 annualized and excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Program Director II – Community Services, North
Conard House, Inc. is a progressive nonprofit organization empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with the Community Services-North Program, which provides representative payee services, income advocacy, money management, case management, and housing referrals. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction records. Conard House is a committed equal opportunity employer. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit with SEIU Local 1021.
Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences or equivalent years of experience providing direct services in human services setting, demonstrated Case Management skills in housing and social service referral sources preferred. Knowledge of Social Security, city adult assistance programs and veterans entitlements are essential. Ability to assist clients in managing their personal finances is required. Case Manager must have effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives required. (People who don't meet specific qualifications are encouraged to call if genuinely interested in the position.)
- Provide services and information in a manner that is supportive and non-judgmental.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate case conferences with CLF Care Managers and other service providers assisting clients.
- Provide outreach, schedule and accompany clients to appointments as required.
- Help clients negotiate bills, purchases and other expenditures.
- Maintain progress notes in CA case care database, money management documentation, and account balances. Submit purchase of service requests as needed.
- Provide advocacy and assistance pursuing entitlements, housing, other referral services and money management.
- Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of periodic reports and reviews by entitlement provider.
- Intervene in crisis situations to bring problem under control.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from the program.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing paperwork, making copies, etc.
- Attend agency and sponsoring agency staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide temporary coverage at other CHCS or SHP programs, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Conard House Community Services Program Director.
PEOPLE FROM CULTURALLY DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Please send resume and letter of intent to Matt Bauer, Program Director II, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax 415-928-0952