Director of Development
- Experience Level
Title: Director of Development
Reports to: COO
TechBridge’s mission, as an Atlanta-based nonprofit, is to break the cycle of generational poverty through the innovative use of technology to transform nonprofit and community impact.
TechBridge has seen growth over the last several years, while successfully deploying new programs that improve nonprofits’ ability to execute, expand into new geographies, and build excellent funding relationships with corporate donors.
As the Director of Development, he/she will be responsible for continuing the growth of these efforts while designing and implementing a comprehensive plan for developing new relationships that cultivate individual and philanthropic support.
The Development Director serves as lead strategist for the company fund development, helping the COO and management team create a multi-year plan for increasing revenue which informs and supports the company plans for aggressive growth by 2020.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an authentic, creative, innovative, and proven fundraising leader. The person will have a comprehensive, highly collaborative, and quantitative, results-driven approach to growing philanthropic revenue and expanding a constituency base. Key elements of the company fund development program include: donor acquisition, cultivation and stewardship, special events, and corporation and foundation giving.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of fund revenue cultivation towards the agreed-upon goals to the COO.
- Ensure high level of performance from Development group.
- Lead , manage and facilitate the Development Coordinator’s growth and success
- Ensure event interactions are of exceptional quality and promote TechBridge’s goals.
- Setting and achieving multi-year and annual agency revenue goals
- Accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of community-based events
- Prospect Identification and Sales Call Plan: Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Review prospect lists and constituent base in order to develop a sales call plan and to schedule appointments with new constituents
- Represent the organization throughout the community and actively engage in networking events and business development groups.
- Development Plans, Objectives and Strategies: Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive, proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to increasing support
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit five- and six figure event sponsorship commitments
- Constituent Relationships: Maintain high quality, rigorous stewardship process for active corporate donors and prospect by ensuring that timely interaction take place to sustain successful partnerships. This includes maintaining detailed records of solicitation and communication activities.
- Lead Referral Development Plan: Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners, or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain personal introduction to prospective constituents.
- Recruit and Develop Top Volunteer Leadership: Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles.
- Optimize Electronic Tools: Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission related results.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of goals
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Actively work with the COO and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to identify innovative fundraising models, etc.
- Support TechBridge in fundraising design and expansion in different communities
- Manage the performance and retention of the Development Coordinator
- Build and work with Board Fund Development Committee.
- Strong executive level presence and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, non-routine work environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects taking place concurrently and prioritize with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, as well as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside TechBridge.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five years of nonprofit experience or related business/sales experience with demonstrated success in goal achievement
- Passion for technology, data analysis and collective impact as means to enable nonprofits to better people’s lives.