- Degree Level
The Operations Manager provides general office management by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization. Its primary role is to support the organization’s internal operations: implementing operations policies and procedures across all departments, managing administrative and technology support, supporting the Executive Director with board management and human resources, and supporting the Accountant with financial management.
A successful candidate will have experience in and passion for operations management, the personal confidence to think critically and strategically, the ability to learn quickly, the flexibility to adapt to various operational needs, and a commitment to the mission of Literacy Action. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Operations & Administration
- Coordinate logistics for internal organization-wide meetings, events, and celebrations.
- Manage part-time receptionist schedule and reception protocol, and serve as desk alternate when needed.
- Manage the organization’s employee time management system and process.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the organization’s benefit contractor.
- Manage organization’s on-and off-site vendors, including building management, parking management, and custodial services, and troubleshoot any vendor requests, needs, or concerns.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, manage the hiring and on-boarding and off boarding of employees.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, as needed. Serve as primary contact and manager for all assigned work-study students.
- Work closely with the leadership team to support the organization’s culture, communication, and strategic plan.
- Serve as liaison to Accountant in order to ensure financial processes are followed and documents are submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage the IT Coordinator and oversee the day-to-day technology needs for the organization.
- Support the Executive Director with internal board management, including organizing and executing quarterly board meetings.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the organization.
- Ensure all department and organization policies and procedures and activities are compliant with government laws, regulations, and guidelines to promote equity, growth, and a positive culture.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or relevant combination of education and experience, required.
- 3+ years of managerial experience, with knowledge of operational functions including office management, facilities, human resources, finance, technology, and administration.
- 2+ years of experience in a community facing organization, with nonprofit or education experience and exposure to board relations highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing new processes, best practices, and innovation to enhance an organization’s effectiveness and culture
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Results-proven track record for exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; excellent problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Operational Vision and Agility – Exceptional strategic thinking skills; ability to anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them in the department planning process.
- Leadership and Organization – Exceptional management and leadership skills; ability to encourage team building and collaboration; ability to connect with all staff and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Action Oriented – Ability to act and react as necessary, even with limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance from team and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Functional Knowledge: Experience in most (preferably all) aspects of operations.
- Customer Service Orientation: Committed to excellent customer service with internal/staff customers, students, and board members.
- General Management – Ability to maintain and handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy; Ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibility, and inspire, engage and motivate staff; skills in managing and supervising a team with a focus on professional development.
Submit a cover letter and resume. No calls or follow-up emails accepted. Due to high-level of applicants, If we determine your experiences match our requirements and needs, we will contact you directly to discuss the position in further detail.