Development and Communications Manager
- Experience Level
Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP) seeks a creative, solution-oriented development professional to join our team. RTP believes a healthy community starts with a safe and livable home. RTP provides free, minor home repair, accessibility modifications and energy efficient upgrades to those in need. In doing so, we ensure the health, well-being and individual dignity for homeowners in need and for community-based facilities, preserve affordable home ownership, and enhance local pride. In addition, by bringing volunteers and community residents together, RTP harnesses the power of volunteerism to revitalize local neighborhoods.
We provide our services year-round and also participate in an annual tradition, National Rebuilding Day, that brings over 2000 volunteers together to repair homes and community-based organizations throughout San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties.
Rebuilding Together Peninsula, one of the largest of the 139 affiliates of Rebuilding Together Inc., a national nonprofit, has an operating budget of nearly $2 million and receives nearly $1 million worth of donated resources and volunteer time annually. Entering our 30th year, the Development and Communications Manager will design innovative fundraising strategies and activities, engage new donors and integrate a recently approved agency evaluation and theory of change.
The Development and Communications Manager, in collaboration with the Executive Director, is responsible for setting direction for the Development Department, including its annual and longer-term fundraising goals and communication and public relations activities. He/she supervises a full-time Development Coordinator and a grants management contractor.
Drive fund development, sponsorships, and annual appeals (50%)
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify, secure and maintain the necessary financial resources from public and private sources, including making “the ask”.
- Develop a comprehensive multi-year development plan including corporate, government, major donors and foundation support.
- Oversee planning, organization and execution of special events, including the bi-annual Dreams Happen Gala and Playhouse Auction and other donor and volunteer events.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, design and help implement donor development and stewardship plan.
Oversee Grants and Contract Management (20%)
- Oversee the research, development and timely preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Develop and execute an annual strategy for foundation, corporate, and government grant writing.
- Collaborate with agency staff to obtain necessary data, information, and materials for proposal content.
- Develop and maintain understanding of the services, policies, and best practices related to the mission of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements and requests.
Communications and Public Relations (20%)
- Oversee the creation and implementation of an annual marketing and public relations plan.
- Develop communication strategies and manage the creation of content for collateral materials including the website, social media, newsletter, donor and promotional materials.
- Produce marketing and related promotional materials (e.g. annual reports, press and media releases, etc.).
- Oversee all external messaging, ensuring consistent branding and approve all agency collateral.
- Lead public relations strategy to increase visibility and attract new support.
- Promote RTP brand and mission at external events as needed.
- Provide a credible and informed presence for RTP in the community.
Department oversight, planning, and evaluation (10%)
- Report regularly to the Executive Director and Board of Directors regarding progress toward goals.
- Supervise and manage the work plan of one full-time staff (Development Coordinator) and a grants management contractor.
- Participate in RTP Leadership Team meetings.
The ideal candidate will have
- Commitment to the broader mission of RTP
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role in development and communications
- A proven track record of attracting and sustaining public and private funding
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Campaign-planning experience
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrate proven success bringing vision, authenticity, and strategic thinking to their work
- Some experience working with volunteers and be well versed in articulating the needs of marginalized communities for a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative work style
- Proven success managing, mentoring, training, and retaining staff and/or consultants
- Ability to foster a team approach to project/task completion within RTP and with outside partners
- Ability to work effectively in close partnership with the Executive Director and Board
- Experience with design and oversight of social media
- Knowledge of local funding sources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
In addition, candidates will need:
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar data management system
- Work occasional nights and weekends, as needed. We offer flexibility to accommodate these obligations
- Provide his/her own car, insurance, and valid CA driver’s license, or other means to travel throughout the Peninsula
- Pass a background check and fingerprinting
Compensation: RTP offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, dental and vision insurance at no cost to all regular full-time employees. We also offer retirement plan benefits to eligible employees. In addition to standard sick leave and vacation accrual, RTP recognizes 13 paid holidays and shuts down for all business days between Christmas & New Year’s Day. Salary $80 to 85K.
Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political belief or activity or status as a veteran.
Email your cover letter (Word or PDF document) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, compensation requirements and experience along with a current resume to Ms. Melissa Lukin, Executive Director of Rebuilding Together Peninsula at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note "Development & Communications Manager" in the subject field. Resumes must have a cover letter in order to be considered. For more information about the organization, visit www.RTPeninsula.org.
No phone calls, please.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Event Planning Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Executive / Senior Management Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Housing / Construction Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Marketing / Communications Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Redwood City