Special Education - Neurodevelopmental Teacher
- Experience Level
Jacob's Ladder School & Therapy Center is looking for strong, self-motivated individuals to join our team. Applicants must possess a background and desire to work with special needs children diagnosed with developmental delays such as, Autism Spectrum Disorders, PDD, Learning Disabilities, Language Delays, Delays unique to specific syndromes, ADHD, and Behavior Disorders.
Jacob's Ladder is an SAIS-SACS Accredited Private School educating children Pre-K through 12. We also offer the Jacob's Ladder Model of Intervention in our Therapy Center on an hourly basis. We utilize a brain-based methodology, incorporating targeted Neuro-developmental interventions that create and strengthen a foundation for learning; this is combined with a vigorous academic program, always teaching from the individual student's challenge point. We provide a step by step framework for continued growth and success, coupled with innovative therapeutic interventions and creative endeavors, all delivered within our 1:1 teaching model or our more traditional small group instruction by a team of specialists wholly committed to the growth and well-being of our students.
While all training is completed on-site, applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree or have experience with serving in this field, must have a strong background in teaching and behavior intervention with special needs children, and must be able to lift children up to 50-100 pounds. Employees may be required to work with children who are wheelchair bound, demonstrate aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors, may be minimally verbal, and may be responsible for assisting with many daily self-help skills.
Temporary, Part Time, and Full Time Positions are available. Come see and feel where HOPE resides.
- Work directly with special needs child to provide a loving and safe environment
- Assist in implementing activities to increase communication, self-help skills, social skills, motor skills, and education through a brain-based methodology
- Communicate effectively, and professionally with the child's family
- Find creative ways to keep clients motivated to learn
- Collect accurate data on child’s progress
Desired Job Qualifications:
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- College degree
- CPR Training, First Aid Training, Early Childhood Educator, Special Education Credentials
To apply, email Aubry Wuttke, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com.