Teaching Assistant, Great Hours!
- Experience Level
PROGRAM: Irene M. Hunt School of Marin
The Hunt School is a nonpublic, K - 12 day school that provides a therapeutic environment where students develop the capability to regulate their behavior, maintain focus and resilience, and form healthy, trusting relationships - all foundational elements for lifelong learning. With our committed support, students address challenges and build on their core strengths, with the goal of ultimately returning to their neighborhood public school setting equipped with the skills to thrive socially and academically.
Support the teacher and classroom teams and provides direct student support. This is achieved through the implementation of the positive behavioral intervention program designed by classroom school personnel. The TA is responsible for implementing student lessons, behavior management, intervening in crisis situations, and liaison with other program staff.
- Assist the teacher with implementing the students' Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Provide instructional support in content areas, as directed by the teacher
- Support in record keeping as directed by the teacher
- Help maintain the physical school environment to keep it functional, safe, and clean
- Plan and participate recreational activities of various sorts (i.e. athletic, arts, and crafts, off-campus trips, etc.)
- Maintain consistent awareness of client's whereabouts to insure safety
- Transition the students in an orderly manner during transportation transitions between the car/bus and classroom
- AA degree or its equivalent in college credits (at least 60 college credits)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Insurable by SHS automobile policy based on DMV record
- Experience working in a school or treatment setting for students with learning or social/emotional problems.
About Side by Side, formerly Sunny Hills Services/BAYC Join us at Side by Side, to walk with young people impacted by adversity on their individual journeys to heal from trauma, restore resilience, and embrace their own potential. From therapeutic housing to substance abuse treatment, we provide comprehensive services that honor the young person's unique needs and strengths to prevent the escalation of dangerous conditions and behaviors and set them on a positive path.
Side by Side, formerly Sunny Hills Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Vietnam era or other veteran status. IEP