Bilingual Program Specialist
- Experience Level
POSITION: Bilingual Program Specialist
Reports to: Galileo Teen Programs Manager
Salary: $16-20/hour or $20,800 - $26,000/yr
Work schedule: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week, August 2018 through June 2019 with possibility of extension. Occasional evenings and weekend hours as needed by program.
Organizational Description: Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization which provides services and advocacy for residents of northeast San Francisco. Focusing on low- moderate income children, youth, families, and seniors, TEL HI creates and strengthen community bonds, provides health and wellness programs, and broadens educational and cultural experiences. With its diverse array of program services in multiple locations, TEL HI serves approximately 1000 individuals each day.
Position Description: This position will support the Dreamer’s Program at Galileo High School, and some work with the general after school program students. This position will be placed at Galileo High School.
Position Requirements: BA degree preferred or equivalent and relevant education. Bilingual English and Cantonese/Mandarin or English and Spanish required. Interest and experience working with underrepresented youth in San Francisco. Demonstrated experience in working with English Language Learners with one to two years minimum experience working with teenagers in a school and/or community-based setting. Experience in afterschool programming with teens a plus. Demonstrated relationship-building skills with youth. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, excellent interpersonal, and communication skills. Well-developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate when necessary. Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and internet based research. Ability to work as a contributing team member and to work independently. DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Dreamers Program, including attendance, board reports, budget, logistics, and workshops.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management for teen participants.
- Co-facilitate program with potential student leaders doing activities and support groups for youth
- Tutor high school students in an engaging manner to build their academic skills- Math Preferred
- Marketing and outreach about the program, including recruitment and retention of program participants
- Support in After-school activities/programs on an on-going basis
- Encourage consistent program attendance by building positive relationships with students and their families
- Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities.
- Support an ELD classroom with supervision from ELD teacher
- Support Tel-Hi’s fundraising efforts as needed.
- Organize off-campus fieldtrips, activities, and college visits
- Be knowledgeable about current immigration policy/law
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Interested applicants should send a job-specific cover letter and resume to:
Jose Carrasco, Galileo Teen Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls about this position. Due to the high volume of inquiries, TEL HI will only respond to a select number of applicants who best fit our needs.