Events and Online Marketing Manager
- Experience Level
Golden Gate University (GGU) has been helping adults achieve their professional goals since 1901. We are the #1 ranked University for Adult Learners by Washington Monthly for three consecutive years. Students can choose from undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs in law, taxation, business and related professions both in-person and online. Our main campus is in the heart of San Francisco's thriving financial district, providing students with faculty that work at notable companies and bring real-word experience to the classroom.
We are seeking an individual with who is passionate about helping individuals reach their goals to join our Enrollment Services Team. The Events and Online Marketing Manager will assist in establishing key program selling points and coordinate enrollment activities and events for the three business schools at Golden Gate University in collaboration with the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, Director of Marketing, Deans and Program Managers. This strategic role works closely with both the admission and marketing departments.
We're a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization.
If you're compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, Golden Gate University is the place for you. Essential Functions: The Events and Online Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategy, execution and evaluation of social media marketing across multiple channels for the business schools to drive prospective student inquiries in support of enrollment goals at GGU. A key objective of the role is to support the development and implementation of innovations that will deliver growth to the university.
Manage in-person and online events to attract prospective students
- Coordinate university-wide enrollment events and other program-specific enrollment events
- Assist in all stages of an event (prep, attend event, post) to positively influence prospective students
- Manage prospect communication related to pre- and post-event registration
- As needed, hire and supervise freelance photographers/videographers and manage all projects to completion
- Oversee programmatic and content marketing webinars for all business programs
- Build registration forms for university admissions events and coordinate with marketing department for calendar and email listings
- Evaluate event registration and attendance, adjusting marketing methods as needed
- Manage all prospect communication related to event registration, pre- and post-event; collaborate with recruitment team on SMS communication for upcoming webinars and admission events
- Meet with faculty & Program Managers to develop content for programmatic webinars that prospective students
Online Marketing Management
Develop organic content for Golden Gate University and Ageno School of Business social media channels to engage prospective students and GGU community
- Generate social media campaigns that incorporate GGU's key values by emphasizing GGU's faculty, alumni, students, community involvement
- Build GGU community by sharing events and news from GGU departments and clubs
- Collaborate with Marketing Analyst to launch paid social media marketing campaigns to increase GGU's brand awareness, event attendance, lead flow and overall enrollment
- Manage and administer event calendar database/system and maintain current information on www.ggu.edu admissions event page
- Utilize external online marketing channels such as Eventbrite, SFWeekly, SFGate, and Meetup to increase event awareness and registration
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years in enrollment strategies or marketing at a university or educational company preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education required
- Experience and/or understanding of best practices of enrollment management, event management, webinars, and CRM (ex. Ellucian Recruit)
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Able to diagnose issues quickly, try new approaches; GRIT
- Ability to develop and implement complex, multi-level project calendars and production schedules
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally using verbal, print and electronic formats
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the business community
- Experience in the creation and development of campaign strategy, positioning and messaging using social media marketing tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, and strong proficiency in PowerPoint Presentation development
- Proficiency in Photoshop and HTML is a plus
To apply: Please go to http://www.ggu.edu/jobs and submit an application, letter of interest, and a resume.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Golden Gate University is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all especially women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Golden Gate University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Golden Gate University Report, please go to http://www.ggu.edu/media/employee/documents/facilities/street-smarts-annual-security-report.pdf.