- Experience Level
RSF Social Finance, a pioneering force in the social finance, impact investing and philanthropic sectors for over 35 years, is looking for a talented, creative and collaborative Legal Assistant/Paralegal to help drive organization and effectiveness for RSF Social Finance’s Legal Department. Work from our offices located in San Francisco’s historic Presidio national park alongside RSF’s amazing mission-driven, entrepreneurial and fun group of 30+ full-time staff members. Full-time salaried position. Pay commensurate with education and experience. Health, dental and vision insurance fully employer-covered. Retirement plan, PTO, and sick leave also provided. FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The position will support our General Counsel and assist with all things legal: corporate matters and board support, impact investing and financing transactions, compliance matters, legal department administration, staff trainings and interaction with our incredible clients and partners. Candidates must have excellent writing, organizational and communication skills, amazing attention to detail and a passion for changing the world!
The General Counsel reports to RSF’s Chief Executive Officer, oversees all legal matters for the organization and partners across the company to develop creative and thoughtful legal solutions that maximize RSF’s impact and further our mission.
- Provide day-to-day transaction support, calendar administration, meeting coordination, and communication flow management both internally and externally
- Assist with routine legal work such as drafting letters and emails, creating agreements from templates, managing contracts and closings, preparing corporate and compliance filings, and conducting research and due diligence projects
- Take an ownership role in special projects related to impact investment offerings, social enterprise lending and legal operations
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings, including management of agendas, preparation and distribution of meeting materials, and note-taking and preparation of meeting minutes
- 2+ years supporting legal (either at a law firm or in house) preferred; will also consider applicants with commensurate education and/or experience in law, finance, investing, or nonprofit sector
- Extraordinary organizational ability and demonstrated success at all levels of administrative tasks
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for working independently, creatively and efficiently
- Capacity to research new and unfamiliar issues and collaborate with others
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us how your skills and experience would enable you to be successful in this role. In the e-mail subject line, please write “Legal Assistant/Paralegal”. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1984, RSF Social Finance’s mission is to create financial relationships that are direct, transparent, personal and focused on long-term social, economic and ecological benefit. We accomplish this through a unique and diverse set of catalytic loan financing, values-aligned impact investing, and innovative charitable giving offerings to our clients throughout the world as well as through our commitment to empowering leaders and advancing innovations in the field of social finance.
RSF Social Finance is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.