Manager of Community Development
- Experience Level
BRIDGE Housing strengthens communities for all, beginning – but not ending – with housing. BRIDGE is a leader and innovator in the mission-driven business of effective production, operation, and stewardship of affordable and mixed-income housing.
BRIDGE is at the midpoint of a multi-year physical and social revitalization effort of the Potrero Terrace and Annex community in San Francisco. We are looking for a skilled leader who can harness and grow community capacity and strategic partnerships.
As the Manager of Community Development, you will play a central role in implementing BRIDGE’s place-based community development strategy and Trauma Informed Community Building (TICB) approach at Potrero Terrace and Annex. Primary responsibilities include managing strategic partnerships and refining program implementation. You will also be responsible for supervising civic engagement and community building efforts, managing systems change related to early education access, and overseeing workforce development efforts with an emphasis on a jobs pipeline and post-placement coaching.
- Lead the Rebuild Potrero community development team in achieving strategic objectives for civic engagement, community building, workforce development, and early education
- Collaborate with Director of Program Design to oversee program delivery, management and reporting for all service contracts developed with BRIDGE Program Design and Evaluation team
- Track and report outcomes by ensuring the successful collection of program evaluation data from service partners and residents
- Work with VP of Community Development to set the strategic direction for community development and community building at Potrero Terrace and Annex
- Provide support for, organize, and participate in regular community building activities including resident outreach, one-on-ones, community events, and educational opportunities
- Interpret evaluation data to recommend and implement program quality improvements as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Public Health OR equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to low-income neighborhoods and issues relevant to the community
- Demonstrated track record of program implementation
- Experience managing services or organizing collaborations to drive tangible results
- Ability to cultivate, mentor, and supervise staff
- Experience with social service data and statistical methods
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of the San Francisco housing and social services landscape
- Experience working with collective impact and shared measurement frameworks, Asset Based Community Development, community innovation, or program evaluation
- Experience with implementing prison reentry, juvenile justice, or workforce development programs
BRIDGE Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.