Director of Finance and Administration
- Experience Level
The Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative (Quantum Leap) is seeking an experienced administration professional to manage all finance, HR, and internal administrative activities for the organization.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be perform all day-to-day financial and accounting functions; prepare all financial reports, budgets and financial models; manage external auditors and tax return preparation; and present results to management and to our Board. This role will also be responsible for overseeing all aspects of personnel management, including payroll, benefits management, and risk management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging as key member of the executive team
- Work with the CEO and senior management on the budgeting process and provide timely and insightful reporting into variances versus budget
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and performance
- Oversight all day-to-day financial and accounting functions
- Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and manage cash
- Performing the monthly and yearly close process
- Fully own the financial statements
- Oversee the annual audit process
- Oversee all Federal and State tax reporting requirements, including Form 990, Form RRF-1, and Form 5500
- Managing the financial and administrative aspects of the I-SPY Clinical Trial program
- Negotiate annual budget and periodic updates with Project Management Office (PMO) at UCSF, Mt. Zion Campus
- Manage approval process for invoices from vendors and clinical sites
- Prepare financial models and provide input on cost of various trial arms
- Prepare and monitor clinical trial patient expense accruals
- Oversee HR and Administrative functions, including benefits and insurance
- Onboard new hires and manage terminations
- Manage benefits enrollment
- Oversee insurance renewal process, including benefits, clinical trial insurance, general liability, D&O, and workers compensation insurance
- Oversee internal IT systems via external support vendor, manage network access, core business applications (email, phone, storage, etc.) and computer hardware purchases
- Manage shared administrative assistant and office manager
- Assist with special projects as required, such as financial modeling
- Regularly prepare and present financial reporting packages and presentations for the executive team and our Board of Directors
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- BS in Finance/Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred)
- 5-10 years (or more) of related professional experience
- Non-Profit and restricted fund accounting experience
- Clinical trials accounting experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge, understanding and experience utilizing GAAP accounting rules and regulations
- Comfortable posting and reviewing journal entries
- Strong financial modeling and budgeting skills
- Ability to prepare financial reports and present to non-financial audiences
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Expensify and Bill.com is required, familiarity with implementing and managing Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT desirable
- Experience working with online banking systems and online payroll systems such as ADP or Paychex
- Experience with managing employee benefits, vendors, and enrollment
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using Excel pivot tables and advanced functions
- Willingness to dig in and roll up sleeves to develop strategy while executing day to day accounting processes
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues, propose and implement solutions with consideration for all downstream implications
- Highly responsible, detail oriented, and organized
- Great communicator and mentor, team player
- Used to working in complex, fast-paced environments
- A get-it-done attitude and a bias toward action
Who We Are:
A 501C(3) charitable organization, Quantum Leap Healthcare Collaborative was established in 2005 in collaboration between medical researchers at the University of California San Francisco and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. Our mission is to integrate high-impact research with clinical processes and systems technology, resulting in improved data management and information systems, greater access to clinical trial matching and sponsorship, and greater benefit to providers, patients and researchers. Our goal is to improve and save lives.
We support the development and implementation of innovative ways to deliver better, less costly healthcare. We are committed to establishing unique collaborations across the medical, technology and bioscience industries: all necessary components to accelerate healthcare research into the marketplace. Our efforts focus on quality-of-care and quality-of-life issues, and to create initiatives that foster excellent clinical practices using quality improvement disciplines with a strong patient-centric focus.
Quantum Leap seeks to disrupt the status quo of healthcare delivery so that the right care can be delivered the right patient at the right time.
Quantum Leap is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, and/or veteran status.