- Experience Level
Freedom English Academy (FEA):
Freedom English Academy (FEA) offers a free, intensive, year-long training program that is designed to support underprivileged youth who seek professional careers. FEA currently serves almost 20,000 students between ages 15 and 22 through a network of over 90 branches in poor neighborhoods in India (currently in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh). We specifically focus on developing three skills in our students: English language skills, computer and digital literacy, and valuable non-cognitive skills like resilience and confidence.
FEA has been entirely funded by the Founder and CEO so far. Because of its operational success, FEA is now aiming to increase its scale by an order of magnitude to approximately 200,000 students over the next five years. To achieve this scale, FEA is looking to develop its fundraising efforts.
Director of Development Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO of FEA, the Director of Development will establish the fundraising arm of FEA corresponding to the program’s growth and expansion goals.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Develop and implement a Strategic Plan to attract donors,
- Create, plan, and manage all fundraising campaigns, including a major gifts portfolio.
- Develop and manage a donor relations program that will maintain an ongoing relationship with donors,
- Participate in public appearances and speaking engagements.
- Sustain and oversee online communication (e-mails, social media posts, etc.) and calendar for development related activities.
- 7 years+ in increasingly responsible fundraising and leadership roles.
- Familiar with the donor landscape, with contacts among institutions and wealthy individual donors.
- Proven track record of leading a multimillion-dollar fundraising program, and ideally starting successful development offices.
- Familiarity with current best practice fundraising strategies.
- Superb communication skills, both written and spoken. There is no language requirement for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
Next Steps: If you are interested, please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.