- Experience Level
Synchronicity is hiring a full-time Managing Director to build on a strong 20-year reputation for creating great theatre and building community in the Atlanta area. In a staff of 5 full-time people, this position is highly collaborative and will work closely with the Producing Artistic Director to continue Synchronicity’s upward trajectory.
Managing Director reports to: Board of Directors and works alongside the Producing Artistic Director.
The Managing Director directs all aspects of financial and business operations of the organization, from both a strategic and operational perspective, including long-range and annual planning and budget in collaboration with Producing Artistic Director and the board. The Managing Director will assist in creating and executing long-range earned income and fundraising strategies to help sustain the fiscal and operational health of the organization, in partnership with the Development Director. Managing Director is responsible for monthly financial reporting including budget performance and accurate cash flow projections, as well as oversight of box office reporting, grants income and venue rentals. Managing Director also oversees the bookkeeper, who is in the office weekly.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in fundraising, development and grant reporting
- Management of Board relationships and engagement
- Oversight of contractual obligations on behalf of the theatre (with Board approval and collaboration with Producing Artistic Director)
- Supervising administration of theatre and theatre staff
- Managing operations and maintenance of physical premises, including leasing operations for theatre beyond Synchronicity programs, and
- Acting as representative and advocate for the theatre for external relationships.
Key competencies required include outstanding verbal communication skills, financial competency, staff and HR management, negotiating contracts and managing leases, and cultivation of high-level funders and donors. Preference for candidate with working knowledge of grants/fundraising (especially in reporting/grants management); arts marketing; and the Atlanta theatre community. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs. Experience working closely with a board and a collaborative staffing model highly preferred.
At least five years of management experience required and a four-year degree preferred. Experience in the arts preferred. The ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team is key. Ideal candidate must be a great communicator, organized, unflappable, creative and detail-oriented.
Salary and benefits in high 40s-low 50s, commensurate with experience. Synchronicity is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
To nominate an individual for this position, or to apply, please contact the search committee with an email titled 'Managing Director: YOURNAME' at firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Cover letter of interest, Salary requirements, Resume, 3 references with permission to contact, 2 professional writing samples (fundraising letter, grant, etc)
Application review begins August 15, 2018.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive / Senior Management Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta