Finance Grants Manager
- Degree Level
Job Title: Finance Grants Manager
Department: Finance and Human Resources
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Daily
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Finance Grants Manager is responsible for financial, accounting, and reporting activities for assigned grant based programs of the organization. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with program managers to assure accurate and timely information is provided to them. This position also provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to grantors and respond to all grantor inquiries.Additionally, The Finance Grants Manager is responsible for cash management and reporting. The position is a full-time salaried position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer, Advancement Department and Program Managers with developing the annual financial budgets for all grant based programs of the organization.
- Prepare monthly analysis of and interpret all financial information required to monitor actual operational results against Board-approved budgets and programmatic contractual guidelines.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports comparing actual to board–approved budgets to program managers for all programs they oversee. Provide sufficient expense documentation upon request and engage in one on one discussions regarding questions and concerns.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly billing / reimbursement requests and ensure timeliness of submission.
- Ensure financial compliance with federal, state or local grant funded programs, including periodic financial reporting and other financial deliverables to the grantor agencies. Notify appropriate staff of corrections necessary to remain in compliance with awards.
- Monitor Aged Contracts Grants Receivable balances and follow-up with grantors on overdue remittances.
- Track monthly / quarterly Contract Advances and post / re-class to revenue as expended.
- Provide Case Managers with monthly detailed and summary reports of payments made on behalf of refugee clients engaged in the R & P and Match Grant Programs.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Review payroll/timesheet allocation
- Review and post monthly payroll and allocate accordingly to programs.
- Reconcile cash/deposit receipts.
- Assist with annual audit tasks.
- Perform monthly cash management posting and reconciliation as assigned.
- Assist with grant related and other annual audit tasks.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the CFO.
- Maintain paper and electronic files related to all grants and funding sources.
- Provide backup assistance in the monitoring of Credit Card requests, usage and posting.
- Provide backup for Accounts Payable processing and disbursements.
- Provide backup for Payroll processing.
- Provide backup for preparing and posting month end non-payroll related expense allocations.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with a diverse staff from a variety of cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational backgrounds.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical abilities and skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, recognizes a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated core competency skills in MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees.
- Ability to identify and resolve system level issues.
- Adapts easily to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience monitoring compliance and submitting billing requests to grantors.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $33,000-$38,000. Employer contributes to medical, dental and vision insurance. Employer pays life and disability insurance. 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy. Employee has the option to contribute to 401(k).
New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.