After School Program Leader
- Experience Level
Position Description: This is an after school leadership position with the Beacon program at Francisco to assist with the planning and facilitation of academic support and enrichment opportunities for middle school youth. You would join an experienced team creating and leading a wide-range of academic, wellness and social-emotional activities during the school day and after school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and plan enrichment activities including after school workshops and clubs for youth
- Build positive relationships with youth and their families
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior guidance
- Assist with day-to-day operations of Beacon programs, including registration, attendance, and data entry
- Incorporate youth development best practices within all program activities
- Increase the visibility of program activities through flyer design, marketing, and outreach
- Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Interest and experience working with under-represented youth in San Francisco
- Minimum one year of experience working with children
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Spanish preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and Internet-based research
- The candidate must meet SFUSD Instructional Aide Requirements: (An AA degree or higher or Official transcripts reflecting 48 college units and a high school diploma/equivalent or Completion of CBEST and a high school diploma/equivalent.) DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance required.
The North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Center at Francisco Middle School provides youth, families and community members with safe and engaging programming, offering academic support, enrichment, recreation, employment, and youth development opportunities. Activities and services are offered during the school day, after school, during evenings, and weekends throughout the year at Francisco Middle school. The Beacon is a program of the Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI), a nonprofit organization located around the corner from Francisco Middle School. Founded in 1890, TEL HI provides opportunities for individuals and families to enrich their quality of life, creating and strengthening community bonds, providing health and wellness programs and broadening education and cultural experiences for children, youth, families, and seniors. Visit www.telhi.org.