Senior Campaign Manager
- Experience Level
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Summary: One of LLS’s newest and most exciting campaigns is Students of the Year. Philanthropic and passionate young adult high school candidates engage in an exciting competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Student of the Year" title by raising funds for LLS blood cancer research. The Senior Campaign Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the Students of the Year (SOY) campaign, as well as other assigned events within the special events department.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, overall success of the campaign and suggest improvements.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgment and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Works with all candidates on an individualized fundraising plan development and implementation targeting candidate resources. (Strategies may include letter appeals, online fundraising pages, auction item solicitation and 3rd party events.)
- Offers superior customer service to candidates, candidate teams and candidate parents, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems
- Supervise and train campaign staff in campaign best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Managers, Specialist, and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Manages and ensures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of SOY; including, but not limited to recruitment packets, invitations, posters, candidate fundraising materials, motivational materials, etc.; as well as website
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and cultivation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Sales / Telemarketing Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta