- Experience Level
ABOUT CAMP REEL STORIES Camp Reel Stories believes that when women and girls are better represented behind the scenes in the media, they will be better reflected on the screen. Camp Reel Stories is a non-profit organization that empowers 13 to 18-year-old young women with the skills to create their own media, to view current media critically and thoughtfully, and to aspire to leadership in their field.
Camp Reel Stories is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to join us half-time to help us raise money to fulfill our mission. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest – we look forward to hearing from you.
The newly created position of Development Associate will play a key role in helping Camp Reel Stories’ Executive Director raise philanthropic support to advance our mission. In this role, you will support all aspects of fundraising at Camp Reel Stories, including thanking and building our donor base, driving execution of the fundraising plan to meet contributed revenue goals, and planning and staffing events. This is a generalist fundraising position, and we are seeking candidates with at least a few years of nonprofit experience and a growing understanding of best practices in nonprofit development.
Camp Reel Stories is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion not just in the world of film, but in our own organization. Members of underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
SHARED VALUES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Support Camp Reel Stories in bringing their mission statement to life in innovative ways
- Commit to building a community of people who are actively supporting the work of women in the film industry
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Communicate kindly, constructively, and directly with co-workers and supervisors
- Offer constructive feedback to make the program better
- Be a “people person” with excellent written and in-person communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with your weekly schedule/availability
- Self-motivated and able to work alone successfully and efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with your supervisor and other staff members
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy, and exceptional enthusiasm
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- College graduate
- Two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce know-how or a comfort with learning new technologies (some database experience required)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research potential philanthropic donors (individuals, corporations, foundations)
- Research and draft grant proposals and reports to donors
- Prepare drafts of fundraising communications: appeals, newsletters, and acknowledgements
- Process all gifts; steward donors with appropriate follow-up and fulfillment (tee-shirts, stickers, etc.)
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy of donor Salesforce records
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising events
- Support Executive Director in her work with the Board of Directors
- Work with communications and graphics team to develop collateral
The Development Associate position is a year-round, part-time position that includes some benefits. The salary for 20 hours/week is $30,000.
This position reports to Esther Pearl, Executive Director. This position is not responsible for managing staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing, and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
- Use hands and fingers to help with classroom supplies and operate equipment
- Frequent sitting
- Standing, walking, kneeling
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Event Planning Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland
- Technology / Data Management Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Oakland