Development & Communications Manager
- Experience Level
BANANAS Inc. is searching for an experienced, energetic, and multi-talented natural born leader to join our team as a full-time Development & Communications Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to building our brand, support individual and institutional fundraising, and continue to diversify fundraising efforts to support agency and program growth. This position will require wearing a number of different hats and being a self-starter. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, have good time management skills, and the ability to handle competing priorities.
About BANANAS Inc.
BANANAS is a nonprofit child care resource and referral agency. We consider ourselves experts in the field of early care and education, and our wide variety services support child care providers and families in raising early learners. We offer workshops, playgroups, coaching, and support groups for parents and caregivers, and help connect families with all types of child care options from babysitter and nannies to preschools and family child care centers. We support our most vulnerable families with $13m in child care subsidies annually. BANANAS is a great place to work with colleagues who care about their clients and each other.
Reporting to the Development & Community Services Director, the Development & Communications Manager will have responsibilities in fundraising, grant writing, growing earned income revenue, special events, and creating a legacy society along with supporting brand management, outreach strategies, and communications.
Major Duties- Fundraising
- Research new grant opportunities, write and submit full grant application packets with budgets and support materials
- Maintain a grants calendar to track proposal due dates and reports for all foundation, corporate, and government funding
- Grow donor base through online and offline strategies, researching donor prospects
- Nurture relationships with existing donors
- Plan and coordinate solicitation efforts including drafting and sending donor ask requests and soliciting sponsorships for special events and projects
- Maintain detailed donor records in NeonCRM
- Run reports on donors, donations, fundraising activities, and other information in CRM systems
- Manage the planning and coordination of special events
Major Duties- Communications
- Create strategies to maintain and grow email subscriber lists, social media following, and website traffic
- Create and publish website pages, donation forms, and blog posts in WordPress
- Assist in the production of marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, and outreach materials
- Produce blog posts, class descriptions, and press releases
- Format and send mass emails and communications through MailChimp and NeonCRM
Major Duties- Management
- Supervise the Development & Communications Associate
- Maintain and develop training materials, standard operating procedures, and user guides
- Perform maintenance on the donor database including data cleanup, deduplications, and mass updates
- Train staff on best practices for database management, creating reports, and tracking data
- Support the agency’s strategic initiatives
- At least three years of progressive responsibilities and experience in fundraising.
- Strong writer with impeccable editing skills—previous grant research and writing experience is required
- BA/BS or higher required
- Experience in supporting marketing and fundraising operations
- At least 2 years of experience using fundraising software (CRM preferred)
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced setting with a can do, positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license; travel is required for this position
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, and social media marketing tools
How to Apply
To apply for the Development & Communications Manager position, please email all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Please include Development & Communications Manager in the subject line of the email.
The following items are required for a complete application packet: cover letter, resume, two grant writing samples. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be considered as they are submitted. The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls please.
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.