Shipments Program Manager
- Degree Level
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world. The Shipments Program manager is responsible for all activities pertaining to MedShare’s container shipment program, including logistics coordination, sponsor & healthcare partner communication, program workflow and follow-up protocols.
Reports To: Director of Programs
Type of Position: Full-Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead manager on container shipments as projects are assigned to the Operations team.
- Communicate with domestic and international partners, healthcare administrators, shipment sponsors and others to complete necessary paperwork and arrange shipment logistics.
- Collaborate with the Development department to support MedShare’s relationship with international partners and assist with prospective and pending container shipments.
- Review container shipment applications, duty free documentation and identify potential challenges.
- Guide partners through the process of online ordering
- Coordinate with the Biomed department to create equipment lists for shipments.
- Coordinate with Operations directors to develop shipment schedule and related activities.
- Work with freight forwarders to prepare and process container shipments.
- Edit and send out all necessary shipping documents according to destination country requirements.
- Research and communicate additional requirements found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt.
- Create and maintain container shipment records in MedShare’s database systems.
- Negotiate and record spending from shipment related activities, including approval of expense and submission for processing with the Finance department.
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advise partners as needed.
- Send out post-shipment surveys and collect feedback on shipments.
- Lead weekly shipment pipeline meetings and serve as point of contact for daily updates on shipment status.
- Provide shipment data as required for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply-chain management, public health or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in international shipping, humanitarian aid and/or healthcare preferred
- Passionate about improving healthcare and supporting the environment.
- Excellent communication skills a must, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Spanish and /or French a plus
- Must have a positive attitude and enjoy interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Hard working, eager to learn, and a self-starter.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet research.
- Basic knowledge of medical products or experience working in a hospital setting a plus.
- Experience living or working with diverse groups and international experience a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Shipments Program Manager” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!