Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Degree Level
- High School
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator helps develop and implement relevant and creative communications strategies to engage diverse constituencies for the purposes of increasing and promoting a positive brand and name recognition within the community, while simultaneously positively increasing awareness of the mission and fundraising efforts. Under the direction of the Director of Development, this position works to achieve brand consistency and standards for both internal and external communications, oversees media relationships, and is responsible for managing direct mail and PR vendors, content generation, marketing, and public relations efforts.
- BA in journalism, communications or related field with a minimum of two years relevant work experience; AA degree with four years of relevant work experience; or High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of six years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in standard computer software, social media platforms, and photography.
- Valid California driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and personal transportation
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- With members of CMC Leadership, develop, oversee, and implement CMC's communications strategy including marketing, public relations, direct mail, traditional and social media, content generation, creative brand elements, special events, and copy material.
- With contracted partners and CMC team members, develop a strategic, and ongoing communications and marketing calendar.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with community partners. Maintain the organization’s community contacts list.
- Manage and liaise with CMC's contracted marketing vendors to ensure deadlines and production schedules, brand standards, and style guidelines are met. Identify new vendors and subject-matter experts as necessary.
- Circulate and review all external mass communications prior to their dissemination, ensuring accuracy and reflection of CMC voice and brand.
- Work with CMC staff across all departments to identify collateral material needs and oversee production.
- Maintain CMC brand guidelines including oversight of all brand guideline breaches both internally and externally.
- Create and maintain an archive of CMC collateral, photographs, awards, and other materials.
- Travel to clinic sites when needed to conduct meetings and research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience producing marketing and communications tools that are culturally appropriate and in multiple languages.
- Experience working with printers, mail houses, vendors, consultants, contractors and other third parties.
- Knowledge of community health clinics or other health environment.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and public speaking ability.
- Understanding of community relations strategies and media outreach.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
May require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Requires frequent walking and standing for prolonged periods of time. Lifts and carries items weighing in excess of 35 pounds. Vision must be correctable to 20/40 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Requires ability to drive to outreach areas for presentations and other activities. Requires occasional evening and weekend work.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff. Work may be stressful at times. May be exposed to individuals with communicable diseases. Requires traveling to various clinic sites.